Below are the options for students entering the Wellesley Middle School. The class of 2029 (The school Year 2022-2023) iPad model is an iPad 9th generation with 64GB of storage. iPad Mini’s are not allowed due to the limited screen size and are not approved for MCAS testing. For questions, please email email@example.com.
WPS iPad Bundle
The cost to purchase is $503.95 plus tax.
Note: We will be distributing these iPads to students at the beginning of the school year.
- ($294.00) iPad (9th generation) 64 GB.
- ($119.95) Logitech Rugged Combo 3 Touch “Rugged Combo 3 Touch is a slim, protective keyboard case with integrated Multi-Touch™ trackpad for iPad (7th, 8th & 9th gen) perfect for students whether in school, at home, or wherever their project takes them. Sealed, pry-resistant keys and a durable case that exceeds MIL-STD-810g drop test standards make this the perfect tool for learning anywhere. Designed in collaboration with educators, administrators and IT specialists to bring students the best learning experience on iPad.” This case is sold to schools only.
- ($49.00) AppleCare+ for Schools (3 Years)
- The AppleCare+ for Schools provides coverage for 2 events per year with no deductible. It covers “Hardware Services for Defects or Consumed Battery” and “Accidental Damage from Handling.”
- ($10.00) Theft and Loss Coverage (3 Years)
- ($31.00) Apps and MDM and Program Costs
Bring Your Own (BYOD – Bring Your Own Device)
A fee of $50 plus tax.
We will be collecting these iPads from families near the beginning of the school year to set them up and then distributed them to students at the beginning of the school year.
- It must be an iPad 8th Generation 32 GB (or more) or a newer model. (This includes the iPad Air (3rd generation)) Not an iPad Mini.
- 6th Gen iPad 32GB WiFi from a Class of 2026 student? If families wish to use the 6th generation iPad, parents must understand that Apple may not continue providing iOS updates up to the end of 8th grade. If Apple discontinues the updates, you may need to find another iPad model to use.
- iPad Pro 2nd Generation or newer.
- Keyboard Case that protects and fits the iPad model.
- The iPad will be wiped and have our management and suite of apps installed for the duration of the 3 years at the Wellesley Middle School.
New iPad Recommendations to buy on your own
- iPad (9th generation) Minimum of 64 GB. Not an iPad Mini.
- Logitech Combo Touch “Combines a precision trackpad with a full-size keyboard for your iPad. Full Multi-Touch™ gesture support transforms your iPad into a productivity machine for working in spreadsheets and documents, a robust learning tool for remote classes, and more—the possibilities are endless.”
Families that cannot purchase the bundle or bring their own may request a school-issued iPad for use during the school year. The device remains the property of the Wellesley Public Schools and may be asked to be returned to the school over vacation breaks, weekends, and over the summer. The same iPad is returned to students when they resume classes.
If interested please Call 781-446-6210 ext. 5439 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.