Course Completion & Attendance Requirements
One of the strengths of the courses offered through WellesleyPD is the full participation and engagement of our WPS professional staff. In order to be awarded the inservice credit and PDPs associated with attending a WellesleyPD course, participants must:
- Complete all required coursework within the timeframe specified by the course instructor.
- Attend all sessions. For online courses this includes participation in all weekly sessions, which may include assignments, discussions, etc.
In the event a participant does not meet the above guidelines, he or she will be removed from the class list and will not be awarded inservice credit or PDPs. The participant is eligible to register for the same course if/when it is offered at a future date.
For face-to-face courses only:
At the discretion of the instructor, a participant may be excused from one absence if they have fulfilled all requirements of the course. In this case, the participant will be marked as having completed the course and will be awarded the inservice credit and PDPs associated with the course.
- An absence in a 1-credit course is considered no more than 3 hours
- An absence in a 2-credit course is considered no more than 5 hours
- An absence in a 3-credit course is considered no more than 7 hours
Absences include arriving late and leaving early.