Course Completion & Attendance Requirements
One of the strengths of the courses offered through WellesleyPD is our WPS colleagues’ full participation and engagement. To be awarded the credits and PDPs associated with attending a WellesleyPD course, participants must:
- Complete all required coursework within the timeframe specified by the course instructor.
- Attend all sessions. Online courses include participation in all weekly sessions, which may consist of assignments, discussions, etc.
If a participant does not meet the above guidelines, they will be removed from the class list and will not receive credits for the course. The participant can register for the same course if/when offered at a future date.
At the instructor’s discretion, a participant may be excused from one absence if they have fulfilled all course requirements. In this case, the participant will be marked as having completed the course and awarded credits and PDPs associated with the course.
- An absence in a 1-credit course is considered no more than 3 hours
- An absence in a 2-credit course is considered no more than 5 hours
- An absence in a 3-credit course is considered no more than 7 hours
Absences include arriving late and leaving early.