2016-17 Performing Arts Instrumental and Vocal Extension Program lesson fees per semester (fees for 1 semester only):
- 30 Minute Weekly Private Lessons: Tuition $450.00 per semester (15 Lessons per semester) + $25 Reg fee = $475.00 Total Those applying for a tuition reduction, need to select a 30-minute lesson.
- 45 Minute Weekly Private Lessons: Tuition $675.00 per semester (15 Lessons per semester) + $25 Reg fee = $700.00 Total;
- 60 Minute Weekly Private Lessons: Tuition $900.00 per semester (15 Lessons per semester) + $25 Reg fee = $925.00 Total.
- 30-minute Chamber Ensemble Coaching: 30 Minute sessions (12 Lessons per semester) $175 tuition + $25 fee per ensemble member = $200.00
- 60-minute Chamber Ensemble Coaching: 60 Minute sessions (12 Lessons per semester) $350 tuition + $25.00 fee per ensemble member = $375.00
Open to These Grades:
- Grades K-12: Violin, Viola, Cello, Double Bass, and Piano Lessons
- Grades 4-12: Brass, Woodwind, Percussion, and Chamber Ensemble Lessons
- Grades 4-12: Voice Lessons
Click on the lesson type below for teacher contact information and more details:
Important Information & Lesson Guidelines:
- Lesson fees must be paid in full prior to the first lesson. Teachers are not to be paid directly.
- Lessons are scheduled directly through the private lesson teacher. For contact information for private lesson teachers, click on the corresponding lesson type above.
- Please observe lesson times; teacher may not make up the time if the student arrives late.
How to Register for Music Lessons Online:
Please note: we are no longer accepting checks or paper registration forms. Please register for lessons online.
If you need to create an account for the first time:
- IVEP uses the same WebTrac payment system that is used for Wellesley Parks & Recreation, WPS Bus Fees, Athletics Fees, Wings and PAWS Preschool, so most families already have an account.
- If you do NOT already have a WebTrac account, click here to go to WebTrac and then click the “Create an Account” link and fill out the requested Household Information and click “Finish.”
- You will receive your username and password by email, but please be aware that it can take up to 24-48 hours to receive your initial username and password.
If you already have an account or once you have received your username and password:
- Click here to enter WebTrac, our online registration and payment system.
- If you have your username and password, enter that information in the MEMBER LOGIN box.
- If you do not have a username or forgot it, click on one of the links in the member login box. You can create a new account or retrieve your current information.
- Once you are logged in the member login box will now show YOU ARE NOW LOGGED IN!
- Click on the PERFORMING ARTS picture (bottom left corner).
- The next page will list the different types of private lessons that are available in durations of 30 minutes, 45 minutes, or 60 minutes. (Example: Flute Lessons 45 minutes)
- If you are applying for a tuition reduction please register for 30-minute lessons and pay the $25 fee to place a hold on your lessons during the application and decision process. Do not select the installment option, please use “Select Charge in Full” instead. Then proceed to the checkout and under “Amount To Be Paid Today” change the amount to the minimum amount of $25.
- Click on the shopping cart next to your selection of instrument and lesson duration. There will be a green bar that comes up from the bottom of the page, click the ENROLL NOW button on the green bar.
- The next page will list everyone in the household including adults. Select the family member to register for music lesson from the drop-down list. Then, click ADD TO CART.
*If you get a yellow alert about a grade conflict, click OK. It will bring you back to a page where it lists all the activities. Click on the My Account tab at the top of the page and scroll down to Change Member Data. The next page will list all the household members, click on the first name of the person you want to change. Change to the correct grade level and click Finish. Click Done to go back to the home page and pick the lesson type to pay for.*
- Read and review the Activity Waiver and Lesson Guidelines and click AGREE at the bottom.
- On the next page you will select the private lesson teacher, and answer the other activity registration questions. If you do not know who the private lesson teacher is or if you need help selecting a teacher, you may indicate this by selecting “Not sure/help me choose”. Click SUBMIT.
- On the next page you will select a payment option. About paying for lessons:
- You may choose to pay in full or pay through an installment plan.
- Lessons must be paid in full prior to the first lesson.
- We no longer accept checks. You may pay with a debit card or credit card.
- Teachers may not be paid directly. You must pay for lessons online through the WebTrack System
- Lessons are scheduled directly through the private lesson teacher.
- Thank you for paying on-line!
- Tuition Reductions: If you are requesting a tuition reduction
- Please register for 30-minute lessons, and pay the $25 minimum fee.
- Read info and download financial assistance forms at https://wellesleyps.org/students-families/financial-assistance-information/.
- Approval for tuition reduction is given by the business office and is based upon the outcomes of the financial assistance application process.
- Review your shopping cart and click PROCEED TO CHECKOUT.
- Select the Credit Card type and click CONTINUE. A reminder that we no longer accept checks.
- Enter in the payment information:
- NOTE: If you are applying for a tuition reduction, change the “Amount To Be Paid Today” from the full amount (default) to the “Minimum Amount Due Today” of $25.
- Click SUBMIT PAYMENT.
- A receipt will be emailed to the email address on file.
- Lessons must be paid in full, prior to starting lessons this semester, nor may make special arrangements be made directly with my student’s lesson teacher. Special circumstances must be arranged through the Performing Arts Office.
- Parents and students may no give any form of payment to student’s lesson teachers; payments are online or in special circumstances, will work through the Performing Arts office.
- Students are expected to arrive on time for lessons; any time lost due to tardiness will not be made up. Lessons will conclude at the scheduled time, even if the student is late.
- There are no make-up lessons permitted for students who do not show up for their lesson, for sports or social activities, or for other absences.
- If the student must miss a lesson, give his/her private lesson teacher 24-hour notice via email, text, or phone call, as a standard protocol.
- Once the semester of lessons begins, there will be no refund of tuition or fees.
- IVEP lessons must take place at a Wellesley Public School District building (at a school) and may not take place elsewhere.
- IVEP lessons must take place after school Monday through Friday and may not be given over the weekend.
- IVEP lessons are not given during school holidays.
- Elementary only: I understand that I, or a designated responsible adult, must walk my student to and from their private lesson classroom. I understand that I cannot drop off my child at the curb.
- Elementary & Middle School: I understand that my student may not be left at a school unattended or unsupervised before or after their private lesson.
About the Program
The Instrumental and Vocal Extension Program (IVEP) was initiated approximately 10 years ago by Dr. Sandra Nicolucci, the then Director of Performing Arts. This after school private lesson program primarily serves students who are presently in our school ensemble programs, as a means of excelling their musicianship and supplementing their ensemble experience. This does not apply to first year private lesson students. Students should have one year of lessons prior to entering elementary band and orchestra.
Our private lesson faculty is carefully selected from the finest musicians from the Boston area. They have advanced degrees, are actively performing and recording, and are superb teachers.