Each year, it is essential for the Wellesley Public Schools to confirm the emergency contact information, directory information, and other important permissions for each of our students. The Wellesley Public Schools uses PowerSchool, an online platform, to maintain these data. The PowerSchool Parent Portal will be open August 5 at 12:00 noon through August 30, 2019. All parents/guardians must log in during this time and confirm this important information. Again this year the Homeroom information for the 2019-2020 school year will be available for grade K-8 students after the completion of the parent portal forms for each student in a family. As in prior years, class lists will not be shared due to security and privacy laws (see MGL 603 CMR 23.00 for more information).
District approved parent and community partners such as our PTOs, Wellesley Education Foundation, etc. request contact information for our families to produce school directories, which we recognize are a valued resource for our families. In accordance with our Student Records Policy (JRA, JRA-R) and the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), parents may customize the information released through the PowerSchool Parent Portal. Please note that directory information shared with parent organizations is done so with the understanding that this information will not be used for commercial, political, or other third party uses.
First Time Users:
Go to the Portal at https://wellesley.powerschool.com
- Click on the Create Account Tab
- Fill in the requested information to create your Parent Portal Account
- Access ID’s and passwords will be emailed on the morning of July 29, 2019
- Complete steps below for returning users after August 5, 2019 when the portal opens at 12:00 noon on August 5.
Log into the Portal at https://wellesley.powerschool.com
- Click the “Annual Update” icon
- Make changes and click “Submit” at the bottom of each page (Even if changes are not necessary, please login and click ‘Submit’ in order to update your account for the upcoming school year.)
- Page five will include the homeroom information for your child
- Follow this procedure for each child
Drop-In Parent Portal Training for Parents (optional):
- Monday, August 5 at 2:00 PM – 4:00 PM – Wellesley Middle School Tech Office
- Tuesday, August 6 at 4:00 PM – 6:00 PM – Barton Road Community Center
- Monday, August 12 at 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM- Wellesley Middle School Tech Office
- Tuesday, August 13 at 7:00 AM – 9:00 AM – Barton Road Community Center
Or email email@example.com for help or for an appointment at another time
For more information on the PowerSchool Parent Portal see our web page at: wellesleyps.org/students-families/parent-portal-info/.
Back to School Packets, Handbooks with Annual Notices will be available online in August in the Quick Links section of our website. If you need a printed copy please contact your school.
Thank you for your support and we are looking forward to a great school year!
Documents & Links for your Reference
- Medical Info Changes: If your student’s medical information has changed since last year, it is your responsibility to contact the school nurse with any new diagnoses or allergies. Click here for Nursing Department contact info.
- Educational Software: Click here to read more about how WPS students use Educational Software
- 1:1 Learning Initiative Parent & Student Handbook: Click here to view the 1:1 Handbook
- Student Handbooks: Click here to view the 2019-20 Student Handbooks
Related Policies & Regulations
- School Committee Policies
- Student Records (SC Policy JRA)
- Student Records & Regulations (SC Policy JRA-R)
- Student Photographs (SC Policy JRD)
- Student Records MGL 603 CMR 23.00
- WPS Notification of Rights under FERPA for Elementary and Secondary Schools