The Wellesley School District utilizes a variety of educational software for students and staff. As with any educational endeavor, a strong partnership with families is essential to a successful experience. On this page we are sharing information regarding the use of educational software in the Wellesley School District. Annually in the PowerSchool Parent Portal we request parental permission for your student to access educational software which could include, but is not limited to, the following:
- Google Docs/Drive: collaborate using a word processing, spreadsheet, drawing, and presentation toolset that is very similar to Microsoft Office
- Google Calendar: an individual calendar providing the ability to organize schedules, daily activities, and assignments
- Google Sites: an individual and collaborative website creation tool
- Google Classroom: a paperless Learning Management System that allows teachers to create classes, distribute assignments, send feedback. Students see everything in one place instantly.
- GMail: (for grades 7 -12 only) an individual email account for school use managed, monitored, and filtered by the Wellesley School District. Student email accounts will be of the form email@example.com
WPSRaiders.org Email will allow your student to communicate and collaborate with teachers, staff and other students of the Wellesley School District as well as with prospective colleges, employers, parents and friends outside of the Wellesley School District. All email, internal and external, is content filtered and monitored. It is expected that students will operate at all times within the parameters of the Wellesley Student Acceptable Use of Technology Policy with regards to Google Apps for Education.
If you have any questions, please contact Kathleen Dooley at firstname.lastname@example.org.