Hello Upham Community,
As you know we are in the middle of our Upham Auction. The Silent Auction (link is here https://upham2019.ggo.bid/bidding/package-browse) actually opened today and will remain open until Thursday, April 4th at 10:00 pm. A big shout out goes to Caroline Hudson and Judith Marth(Auction Co-Chairs) for all of their work. Also, I want to thank Gina Beauvais and Adrianna Bertucci (PTO Co-Chairs) for their excellent leadership throughout. There is so, so much that goes on behind the scenes to make such a wonderful event successful. A big Thank You to all who have worked tirelessly to make it happen.
Hopefully, as you make plans to be a part of such a wonderful event, I wanted to remind you of what your efforts provide to all the children at Upham.
- Through your contributions, large and small, each classroom is outfitted with a Smartboard and Apple TV. These devices have taken the place of a whiteboard. They actually provide a gateway into other worlds and are now an essential teaching tool for every teacher.
- There are one to one iPad devices for every student in 3rd, 4th and 5th grade. These devices are now being used for every conceivable learning modality. They are used for writing assignments, math problem solving, a view into the history of the world, and outstanding presentations.
- We have two fully outfitted MacBook and Chromebook carts that serve the remainder of the school.
- Kindergarten and first grade have the ability to access these devices mentioned above and they have a number of iPads for their students.
- We have one of the most robust classroom libraries in the district.
- Our leveled book library is immense and provides each classroom with a strong array of titles and topics.
- We provide each grade level with an assortment of highly engaging enrichment opportunities.
- Field trips are provided by your contributions.
As you can see, your contributions are so important to all we do. This is not so much a ploy to get you to contribute or participate, but rather a huge THANK YOU for what you have already given. Hopefully, I will see you on Friday night between 7:00 pm -11:00 pm at the Wellesley Country Club.
Dare to Dream,