Dear Upham Community,
I was recently walking with 2C (Chartier) as they were making their way to the gym. Thomas Muniz says, “Hey Mr. Dees, I have been practicing my kindness all week!” In all seriousness, we should all be following the same path as Thomas. Thank you, Thomas, for reminding me that we have many more things in common than we have differences and we should strive to “practice being kind” all of our days.
Standards-Based Report Cards (SBRC)
The K-5 Standards-Based Report Card (SBRC) will be available for viewing via the PowerSchool Parent Portal next Friday, January 29th after 3:00 p.m.
- On Friday, January 29 at 3:00 PM Grades K-5 Standards-Based Report Cards will be available in the PowerSchool Parent Portal under the “Student Reports” tab.
- Parents will log in to PowerSchool using the same Username and Password they used in September to fill out their annual permission forms and to find out their student’s homeroom teacher. Feel free to test your PowerSchool login this week, to make sure you remember it. If you do not remember your username and password, please follow the instructions below:
- Go to the Portal at wellesley.powerschool.com
- Click on Forgot Username or Password?
- Fill in your Parent Username and Parent Email Address and click Enter
- If you need further assistance, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, the portal team is available Mon-Fri 8 am-4 pm.
DESE (Department of Elementary and Secondary Education) is requiring that we give the MCAS for grades 3-5 this spring. It will be a shortened version. One session per subject. The sessions have typically taken approximately an hour to complete.
Here are the dates:
ELA: Monday, April 5-Friday, May 7
Mathematics: Monday, April 26-Friday, May 28
STE (grades 5 and 8): Tuesday, April 27-Friday, May 28
February 15-19 February Vacation Week
Thank you for supporting Upham and thank you for being a partner in your child’s education.
Dare to Dream,