May 14, 2015Dear Parents/Guardians of the Class of 2015,First, let us congratulate you on the upcoming graduation of your child from Wellesley High School. S/He has been pushed to new heights and is now ready to leave us for new challenges. We share in your joy on the attainment of this major milestone.In recent weeks, the administration has been working diligently with a senior committee of students and class advisors, Aimee Bel and Kyle Getz to plan many special year-end events. As always, these are intended to be fun, memorable experiences and we ask your assistance in encouraging the students to exercise good judgment throughout these events and the final weeks of school. Punctuality, appropriate attire and conduct of Wellesley High School students will be critical to making all functions a success. As is school policy, drug and alcohol use or possession will not be tolerated at any of these events and breathalyzers will be used. Should a senior violate the alcohol/drug rule, parents will be contacted immediately and asked to pick up their student and s/he will not be able to attend the next event and may be suspended from school for up to 5 days. Athletes will be excluded from games in accordance with MIAA rules.Below is a list of the exciting events planned for our “soon to be graduates” along with a brief description of each. In addition, we are attaching a calendar
of important senior year-end events for your review.Senior Project Exhibition
– More than two hundred individuals have participated in senior projects during the fourth quarter and will share their achievements at a public exhibition on Thursday, May 21st beginning at 6:30 p.m. in the auditorium. Come and see the amazing activities your children have been involved in this spring!Senior Prom –
The students have planned an exciting prom on Tuesday, May 26th from 6:30 p.m. to 10:30 p.m. at Boston Park Plaza in Boston. Please assist us in remaining aware of your son/daughter’s plans before and after the prom. Seniors may, but are not required to bring a guest. Tickets are $80.00 per person and include dinner.Graduation Rehearsal
– Graduation rehearsal will be held in the gym on Thursday, May 28th at 9:00 a.m. SHARP!
This is our primary opportunity to prepare for the graduation ceremony and we ask that all students attend and
arrive on time.Senior Awards Ceremony
– This formal recognition of student achievements will be held on Thursday, May 28 at 6:45 p.m. in the auditorium. This is a significant capstone event and students being recognized will be notified in advance by mail.Senior Banquet
– This event is considered by some to be the most enjoyable in high school. Students will pick up their yearbooks at the school at 4:45 p.m. on Monday, June 1st and then travel by bus, to the Royal Sonesta Hotel in Cambridge. This is the last full class event prior to graduation and a fabulous opportunity to watch the senior video and slide show, enjoy a fabulous meal, sign yearbooks and dance into the evening. Tickets are $35.00 and include transportation and dinner.Graduation
– This is a formal community event for our seniors, their families and relatives. We will go over with them what to wear and our expectations for behavior. We would ask that you remind your students that there is no smoking allowed at the graduation ceremony. The Wellesley High School Commencement Ceremony will be held Friday, June 5th at 5:00 p.m.
and will last for approximately two (2) hours. We are hoping for perfect weather and the opportunity to hold our traditional ceremony outdoors on Hunnewell Field. However, in the event of inclement weather, we will move inside to our gym. We have arranged to have a live feed to broadcast the ceremony in our auditorium and cafeteria. Seniors will receive 3 tickets for the gym, 2 tickets for seating in the auditorium and 2 tickets in the cafeteria, for a total of 7 tickets per family. A final decision with regard to the location of the ceremony will be made by 9:00 a.m. on Friday, June 5th (via email). We look forward to seeing you throughout the upcoming activities as together we honor the successes of your children.Sincerely,Aimee Bel Kyle Getz
Class Advisor Class AdvisorJamie Chisum Marc Bender Drew Kelton Lynne Novogroski
Principal Housemaster Housemaster Housemaster