Wellesley High School
Wellesley Public Schools
Learning • Caring • Innovating
Attention Seniors – Parking & Scholarship Information
Parking Lottery & Carpools
As part of the Green Team initiative to try and reduce carbon footprint and to reduce parent pickup and drop off each day, we are encouraging carpooling at Wellesley High School. Week of January 4th – January 13th, seniors can enter the lottery for parking spaces if they will drive one or more students in their car. Each student will need to pay by check their equal portion of the $250 fee.
2 students carpool each will pay $125
3 students carpool each will pay $83.34
4 students carpool each will pay $64.50
Checks are made out to Wellesley Public Schools.
One sticker will be assigned per carpool for only the driver. Think about who you will carpool with to school, their schedule and attendance because if they do not align with your needs, do not pay to be in that carpool. If the driver is absent or has a 9:30 a.m. day, you will not be able to drive your own car to school. You will get a ticket because your car does not have the sticker.
January 14th – January 22nd there will be a lottery for a senior who did not have parking 1st semester for the remaining parking spaces.
Scholarships Applications and DeadlinesMerit Based Scholarships:The Wellesley Scholarship Foundation awards two merit based scholarships—the Donald P. Babson Scholarship for boys and the Margaret Daniels Scholarship for girls– each for $3000 per year renewable for four years. Qualified applicants should visit www.wellesleyscholarshipfoundation.org and click on “For Applicants” then select “Deadlines and Application Forms” and the appropriate application. The deadline to submit all materials is February 1, 2016. If you have any questions, contact Ilissa Povich at firstname.lastname@example.org. Need Based Scholarships:The Wellesley Scholarship Foundation awards, and administers for certain other Wellesley organizations, need based scholarships. Applicants should visit www.wellesleyscholarshipfoundation.org and click on “For Applicants” then select “Deadlines and Application Forms” and the appropriate application. The deadline to submit application materials is February 1, 2016. If you have any questions, contact Ilissa Povich at email@example.com.
Bradford House Info
- Location: 2nd Floor
- Housemaster : Lynne F. Novogroski
- Attendance Line: 781-446-6290 x4948
- House Assistant: Mary Donahue 781-446-6290 x4621
- Guidance Counselors: Marissa Coughlin, Cindy Hurley & Rosanne Sannicandro
Perrin House Info
- Location: 3rd Floor
- Housemaster: Marc F. Bender
- Attendance Line: 781-446-6290 x4949
- House Assistant: Brenda Iarossi 781-446-6290 x4632
- Guidance Counselors: John Steere & Julie Trask
Phillips House Info
- Location: 4th Floor
- Housemaster: Andrew E. Kelton
- Attendance Line: 781-446-6290 x4950
- House Assistant: Karen Bognnani 781-446-6290 x4647
- Guidance Counselors: Janet Sozio, Kristi Stone & Meg Walendin
- Classical & Modern Languages – Tim Eagan, Department Head
- English – John Finneron, Department Head
- Family and Consumer Science, Lynne Novogroski, Department Head
- Fitness & Health – Joanne Grant, Department Head
- Guidance – Steven J. Favulli, Director of Guidance
- Mathematics – Elisa Morris, Department Head
- Performing Arts – Sabrina Quintana, Director
- Science & Technology – Nora Wilkins, Department Head
- Social Studies – Mike Reidy, Department Head
- Special Education – Debi Levine, Department Head
- Visual Arts – Thomas Carter, Director
Wellesley High School
50 Rice Street • Wellesley Hills • Massachusetts • 02481
Phone 781-446-6290 • Fax 781-446-6308 www.wellesley.k12.ma.us/whs
David F. Lussier, Superintendent • Jamie B. Chisum, Principal Wellesley High School cultivates positive learning experiences and fosters responsibility and integrity so that, upon leaving, our students will continue to contribute to their worlds. CORE VALUES:
Academic Excellence • Commitment to Community • Respect for Human Differences • Cooperative and Caring Relationships
Wellesley Public Schools would like to continue connecting with you via email. If you prefer to be removed from our list, please contact Wellesley Public Schools directly. To stop receiving all email messages distributed through our SchoolMessenger service, follow this link and confirm: Unsubscribe If you need to update your email address or phone number, please contact the secretary at your child’s school. SchoolMessenger is a notification service used by the nation’s leading school systems to connect with parents, students and staff through voice, SMS text, email, and social media.