Wellesley High School
Wellesley Public Schools
Learning • Caring • Innovating
PTSO Meeting – Wednesday, March 16th at 7:00
March PTSO Meeting: Evening Forum on Adolescent Mental Health and Wellness at Wellesley High School
On Wednesday, March 16th at 7:00 p.m. in the WHS Library
, the WHS PTSO will host an evening program dedicated to the mental health and wellness of our teens at Wellesley High School. In collaboration with school and community personnel, our goal is to provide a forum for WHS parents to learn about trends in adolescent behavior in the high school and to discover resources available to families within the school and in the community. The program of events will be as follows:
- Joanne Grant, Director of Fitness and Health will present findings from the 2014 Metro West Adolescent Health Survey.
- School and community personnel including Dr. Chisum, Mr. Favulli, our WHS Housemasters, Maura Renzella, Wellesley Youth Director and Officer Evan Rosenberg, WHS’s Student Resource Officer, will be on hand to delineate resources available to WHS families and how to access them.
- Rob Evans and Mark Klein from Human Relations Services, Inc. (HRS) will present on the topic of what to look for at home and how parents can help their teens.
We invite all WHS parents to attend, this topic affects each and every one of our children.
Come and participate in this important conversation.
Bradford House Info
- Location: 2nd Floor
- Housemaster : Lynne F. Novogroski
- Attendance Line: 781-446-6290 x4948
- House Assistant: Mary Donahue 781-446-6290 x4621
- Guidance Counselors: Marissa Coughlin, Cindy Hurley & Rosanne Sannicandro
Perrin House Info
- Location: 3rd Floor
- Housemaster: Marc F. Bender
- Attendance Line: 781-446-6290 x4949
- House Assistant: Brenda Iarossi 781-446-6290 x4632
- Guidance Counselors: John Steere & Julie Trask
Phillips House Info
- Location: 4th Floor
- Housemaster: Andrew E. Kelton
- Attendance Line: 781-446-6290 x4950
- House Assistant: Karen Bognnani 781-446-6290 x4647
- Guidance Counselors: Janet Sozio, Kristi Stone & Meg Walendin
- Classical & Modern Languages – Tim Eagan, Department Head
- English – John Finneron, Department Head
- Family and Consumer Science, Lynne Novogroski, Department Head
- Fitness & Health – Joanne Grant, Department Head
- Guidance – Steven J. Favulli, Director of Guidance
- Mathematics – Elisa Morris, Department Head
- Performing Arts – Sabrina Quintana, Director
- Science & Technology – Nora Wilkins, Department Head
- Social Studies – Mike Reidy, Department Head
- Special Education – Debi Levine, Department Head
- Visual Arts – Thomas Carter, Director
Wellesley High School
50 Rice Street • Wellesley Hills • Massachusetts • 02481
Phone 781-446-6290 • Fax 781-446-6308 www.wellesley.k12.ma.us/whs
David F. Lussier, Superintendent • Jamie B. Chisum, Principal Wellesley High School cultivates positive learning experiences and fosters responsibility and integrity so that, upon leaving, our students will continue to contribute to their worlds. CORE VALUES:
Academic Excellence • Commitment to Community • Respect for Human Differences • Cooperative and Caring Relationships
Wellesley Public Schools would like to continue connecting with you via email. If you prefer to be removed from our list, please contact Wellesley Public Schools directly. To stop receiving all email messages distributed through our SchoolMessenger service, follow this link and confirm: Unsubscribe If you need to update your email address or phone number, please contact the secretary at your child’s school. SchoolMessenger is a notification service used by the nation’s leading school systems to connect with parents, students and staff through voice, SMS text, email, and social media.