This is an important topic to us even if it is not the thing that is on most of the senior’s minds right now. In our latest change, we’ve had to remake how we have kids return books, materials, and laptops because of the pandemic. The following is the first step of this plan and only applies to this year’s seniors. We will be looking to do a books and materials return for the underclass students later in the summer, hopefully when some of the social distancing restrictions have eased. In the coming weeks we will also be sending out a communication asking students to sign up for a time to come pick up anything essential they may have left behind in the high school when we closed. It is helpful when that comes that kids who do not need to come in, don’t in fact sign up for a time. We are doing this in phases to reduce the numbers of people who need to access the area at any given time.
Here is the information for phase one.
Senior Textbook, Library Book and WPS Laptop Return Directions
Below find details of how to return WPS textbooks, library books, WPS laptops/chargers, and other borrowed equipment. You must wear a mask, and maintain 6 feet distance at all times while returning equipment and books. If you need assistance getting your books back, please email Toni Carlson at email@example.com
Underclassmen will be returning books later in the summer.
May 29th & June 1st: 9:00 am to 2:00 pm:
- Laptops/Chargers: High School
- Textbooks, Library books and other Equipment: High School
Loaned Laptops/Chargers return: May 29th and June 1st at the High School:
- If you have a WPS laptop to return, you may return it during ANY of the times mentioned below regardless of your last name. Please do not forget the charger!
- Look for the designated laptop return table.
Textbooks, Library Books and Other Equipment: May 29th and June 1st at the High School:
- Return books outside in the front of the High School
- Schedule for return:
- Last names beginning A – F: May 29th, Friday from 9 am – 11:30 am
- Last names beginning G – M: May 29th, Friday 11:30 am – 2:00 pm
- Last names beginning N – S: June 1st, Monday 9 am – 11:30 am
- Last names beginning T – Z: June 1st, Monday 11:30 am – 2:00 pm
- Drive-up to the book return area in front of the school, exit the car wearing your mask, return your books to the correct tables.
- There will be tables lined up in the front of the school marked by subjects: Science, English, Math, Social Studies, and Library Books. Any other subject can be put onto the library table. Equipment such as cameras, tripods, etc. can also be left on the library table.
- Enter immediately back into your car and drive forward making room for the next car.
- If there is more than one person returning books, line up six feet apart, next to each orange cone.
- All students should be wearing masks.
- Drop off books in the correctly marked bins and continue forward.
Thank you so much for your cooperation with these guidelines. If you have specific questions about materials or books you need to return please contact your teacher for that subject.
Please be safe and well. Have a great Memorial Day Weekend.