For the 2018-19 school year, iPads will be distributed as follows.
Grade 7 & 8 – Wednesday, August 29
Grade 6 – Wednesday, September 5
BYOD (Bring Your Own) iPads – For any iPads coming in from home that need to be setup by us (incoming 6th graders and new students). Drop off sessions will be held at the WMS Technology Office:
Friday 8/24 from 7:30AM-11AM
Monday 8/27 from 7:30AM-11AM
Please be sure to use this checklist before dropping off the BYOD iPad.
Label with Student Name, Parent Name, Phone number, Student’s Grade, Students Home room (If Known)
iPad should be charged
Backup your data to Google Drive
Remove Itunes/Icloud accounts
Remove any email accounts
Make sure it is in a case (not the new box)
No Chargers will be accepted.
The 1:1 program enables educators to focus on all students every day while delivering student-centered, individualized instruction in a safe collaborative learning environment that encourages students to demonstrate understanding in multiple ways.
Students learn how to use technology fluently, productively, and responsibly as a tool to problem-solve, communicate, create, innovate, and make global connections through authentic learning experiences.
We envision a 1:1 learning environment that..
- Creates a culture where technology is used productively, responsibly, ethically, and appropriately.
- Increases access to technology, facilitates formative assessment, supports general instruction, and enables new modes of differentiation, without stigma.
- Prepares students to be innovators by shifting their perception of technology from toy to tool.
- Promotes equity by addressing the “digital gap” between students without technology access at home and their peers.
- Invests in our human capital by providing faculty with new tools and professional development to grow and develop their instructional capacity.