Morning Announcements for Wednesday, May 23, 2018
TODAY IS DAY 3
* Both today and tomorrow are MCAS make-up days. If you need to make up an MCAS exam, your homeroom teacher will let you know what day and where your test will be held.
* Today is the 2ND group of Grade 7 day-long field trips to JFK/EMK. Busses will be here around 8:10 am and the students will be back before the end of the day. Students: if you need a lunch, please stop
by the main office to pick one up. Homeroom’s going today include Canapary, Aceti, Blackwill, Gentile, Wagner, Jacobson, LeBlanc, Potter and Ruscak.
* The WMS Memorial Day Assembly will be held this Friday during periods 1 & 2. Period 1 assembly will include all 8th graders and 6th grade Houses R, W & WMS. Period 2 assembly will include all of Grade 7
and Houses M & S. Students, as a part of the tradition here at WMS, we ask that you remain silent from the time you are called to the assembly, until you reach your classrooms after the assembly.
* Have you ever noticed the banners that are hanging up in the auditorium around the stage? Each banner represents an 8th grade class and is designed by a current student. This design also becomes the cover
of the 8th grade graduation completion ceremony. If you are interested in submitting a drawing to be considered, you will need to:
-Make an original, full color drawing by hand or digitally on an 8-1/2 x 11 sheet of paper.
-Please submit it to the Main Office and have your drawing in by Friday, June 1st.
* On Wednesday, May 30th, STARS is sponsoring a race and stereotypes lunch during all three lunches, for all students! Among other things, we’ll discuss implicit bias, Starbuck’s recent training, and school
culture. Sign up with your teachers, Guidance Counselor, or scan the QR code outside the office. See you on the 30th! Huzzah!
* LOST & FOUND: The tables are full with all types of really nice jackets, sweatshirts, water bottles, etc. None of the items were claimed yesterday. Please check through the items today during your lunch time,
and please do not make a mess on the tables! Please take only the items that belong to you!
* Congratulations to the Grade 7 and 8 Concert Bands for their performance at last night’s concert. You all did an excellent job! BRAVO!
* There will not be Jazz Band this morning. All Jazz Band students should be reporting to their regular homerooms.
* Chinese Culture Club will meet this Thursday after school in room 249.
Girl’s Open Gym is in Gym A
Open Gym is in Gym B and the Fitness Center is open to all