Below are the options for students entering Wellesley Middle School. iPad Mini’s are not allowed due to the limited screen size and are not approved for MCAS testing. For all questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: Pads are distributed to students at the beginning of the school year.
WPS iPad Bundle
The total cost to purchase is $642.95 plus tax.
- ($592.95) iPad, Keyboard Case, AppleCare+
- iPad (10th Generation) iPad, USB-C Charge Cable (1 meter), 20W USB-C Power Adapter
- Logitech Rugged Combo 4 Touch
- “Rugged Combo 4 Touch is the perfect way to introduce iPad® into the classroom. Give students the power to engage with content holistically through five use modes: Type, Sketch, Read, View, and Camera. A Multi-Touch trackpad lets them swipe, pinch, and double-tap their way through any assignment. Rugged Combo 4 is schoolyard ready with military-grade protection, pluck-proof keys, and a sealed full-size keyboard. Plus, it connects securely via Smart Connector so students never have to charge or pair.” This case is sold to schools only.
- AppleCare+ for Schools (3 Years)
- The AppleCare+ for Schools provides coverage for 2 events per year with no deductible. It covers “Hardware Services for Defects or Consumed Battery” and “Accidental Damage from Handling.”
- ($9.00) USB-C to 3.5 mm Headphone Jack Adapter
- ($10.00) Theft and Loss Coverage (3 Years)
- ($31.00) Apps and MDM and Program Costs
Bring Your Own (BYOD – Bring Your Own Device)
A fee of $50 plus tax.
The iPad will be wiped and have our management and suite of apps installed for the duration of the 3 years at the Wellesley Middle School. We will be collecting these iPads from families near the beginning of the school year to set them up and then distribute them to students at the beginning of the school year.
- It must be one of these iPad models. No iPad Minis.
- iPad 9th Generation 64 GB (or more GB) or a newer model.
- iPad Air 3rd generation or newer model.
- iPad Pro 3rd Generation or newer model.
- If families wish to use the 7th generation iPad from 8th graders (class of 2027), parents must understand that Apple may not continue providing iPadOS updates up to the end of 8th grade. If Apple discontinues the updates, you may need to find another iPad model to use.
- Keyboard Case that protects and fits the iPad model.
New iPad Recommendations to buy on your own
- 10th generation iPad 64 GB. Not an iPad Mini.
- Logitech Combo Touch “Combines a precision trackpad with a full-size keyboard for your iPad. Full Multi-Touch™ gesture support transforms your iPad into a productivity machine for working in spreadsheets and documents, a robust learning tool for remote classes, and more—the possibilities are endless.”
Families that cannot purchase the bundle or bring their own may request a school-issued iPad for use during the school year. The device remains the property of the Wellesley Public Schools and may be asked to be returned to the school over vacation breaks, weekends, and the summer. The same iPad is returned to students when they resume classes.
If interested please Call 781-446-6210 ext. 5439 or email email@example.com.