The purpose of this survey is to gather relevant data to use in a selection process to authorize vendor(s) of musical instruments to rent musical instruments to the parents of children participating in the district’s instrumental music program during the 2019-2020 school year.
- Surveys are to be submitted in hard-copy form to:
Wellesley Public Schools
Attn: Director of Performing Arts
40 Kingsbury Street
Wellesley, MA 02481
- Deadline for submission: Friday, July 19, 2019
- The deadline for all questions, which must be submitted in writing via email to email@example.com, is: Friday, July 12, 2019
- The response to all written questions will be made to all potential vendors by Monday, July 15, 2019
- Interview: To be scheduled as necessary.
- Successful Vendor(s) will be notified after completion of all applications. Announcement will be made on or around July 29, 2019 for the 2019 Rental Registration Night.
Please click here to download the survey: WPS rental survey 2019
Stay tuned for more info!
Learn to play an Instrument or Sing through WPS Instrumental and Vocal Extension Program(IVEP)
Registration & Rental Night
Tuesday, September 17
Wellesley Middle School
Schedule your lesson time, pay for lessons, and take home a rental instrument! Lessons for new students will begin the following week.
For more information and pre-registration instructions please see the website
About the Instrumental and Vocal Extension Program (IVEP)
As part of the K-12 Wellesley Public Schools Music Education curriculum, the Wellesley Public School District offers students the opportunity to take private voice and instrumental music lessons. Lessons are taught after school by highly qualified professional musicians, who have demonstrated excellence in their performing and teaching.
The mission of the Instrumental and Vocal Extension Program of the Wellesley Public Schools is three-fold:
- To help students develop a life-long love of music and joyful confidence in music-making through high-quality instruction on band and orchestra instruments and voice
- To teach a body of core musical performance skills and techniques to a mastery level, through quality vocal and instrumental repertoire
- To prepare all students for entry into and successful participation in school ensembles, and to support continued participation in these ensembles from elementary through high school.