Dear P.A.W.S. Parents and Guardians,
Join us tonight at 6:30pm at P.A.W.S. main campus to learn about School Security. A representative from the Wellesley Police Department will join Director Rebecca Zieminski to answer your questions. Due to the content of this conversation, we ask that children not attend this meeting. This is a meeting for parents only.
As a part of the security program, we remind all visitors to the P.A.W.S. campus to follow our safety rules:
Safety Arrival At School:
1. Ring the bell for the Intercom, state your name and reason for your visit.
2. Please do not open or hold open the door for strangers. Kindly ask that they identify themselves with the school office prior to coming into the building and let them be buzzed in by school staff.
Be Present and Attentive to Your Child:
3. Hold hands with your child in the parking lot and practice safety when walking in the parking lot. You may use the walk into and out of the building as a teachable moment to help your child understand and practice rules for being safe in parking lots.
4. Complete all cell phone calls prior to entering the building.
5. Refrain from talking about your child, in front of your child or other children, when you need to express a worry, concern, or issue. School staff will be happy to speak to you when the children are not present and when they can give their full attention to you.
As always, if you have ay questions, please do not hesitate to talk to your child’s teacher or to the P.A.W.S. Director. Thank you for partnering with us to ensure the safety and wellbeing of everyone at P.A.W.S.!