Please Note: Due to the length of this message, THIS letter will come to you in three separate emails (Parts 1, 2, 3) to accommodate our translation service. If you do not require a translated version of the letter, you may open THIS LINK to view it all together. Thank you!
Part 1: 2022-2023 PAWS Family Welcome Letter
August 17, 2022
Dear P.A.W.S. Families,
I hope you are all enjoying this beautiful summer, gathering moments of joy with family and friends, and creating special memories together! While you are enjoying the summer season, we are at PAWS getting everything ready for our exciting new school year to begin!
Required Online Account
- All families must create an online account with the district for each child. You must register each child. Click HERE to access the link to the site. Please note: You must register your child for the classroom your child has been assigned to. If you are not sure of your child’s classroom placement, please contact the P.A.W.S. office and we will assist you.
- For more information click HERE.
P.A.W.S. Student Visit Days and Orientation
- Orientation Day is an important day for students and their parents/guardians. Children and their caregivers are invited into the classroom to meet their teachers, specialists, and support staff. This is a wonderful opportunity for students and parents to practice what it will be like to come to preschool!
- Students will be invited to explore their classroom, find their coat hook and cubby space, meet their classmates and teachers, and play with some of the toys! This is an important opportunity for our preschoolers to visit the school prior to the first official day of preschool. Please be sure to email me to let me know if you are not able to attend.
Orientation and Visit Day Overview and Schedule
- Children and parents enjoy the first 15 minutes exploring together in the classroom, meeting the child’s teachers and teaching assistants as well as other school faculty and staff.
- Children and their parents are invited to play with the toys and meet the other parents and children in the classroom. Parents are then invited to leave the classroom to attend the P.A.W.S. Parent/Guardian Information Session, for approximately 30-45 minutes, while the children have the opportunity to stay and play in the classroom.
- The parents will be provided with important information and details about the P.A.W.S. preschool with presentations from the preschool director, the school psychologist, the school nurse. After the information sessions, the parents will return to their child’s classroom to pick-up their preschooler and to hear about the fun time they had playing while at school!
Student Visit Day & Parent Orientation