The following workshops will be opened for registration when we return from the break. More details will be shared on Monday, January 4th. In the meantime, please take a look through the offerings and enjoy your vacation!

Manage & Organize Your Seesaw Life with Jackie Hoglund

1/13 & 1/20, 4:00pm-5:00pm

Learn to assign and schedule activities, use folders for subjects, provide feedback and create collections as well as other ways to “manage” and organize your Seesaw Classroom. **Audience: Educators working with students in grades K, 1 and 2.

Padlet/Jamboard with Ranjani Sriram

1/19 – 1/26

Display/Bulletin boards and white boards are a great way to showcase and share information all in one place. Now, take this concept to the online world and it opens the door to sharing information that is multidimensional! Learn how you can use Padlet and Jamboard in ways that foster student engagement and collaboration. Share images, videos, audio, web links, and text all in one easytoview online display page.

Flipgrid with Amy Jankins

1/27 – 2/3
Looking to boost student engagement and foster connections? Flipgrid is your tool! With Flipgrid you can connect with students, pose questions, and spark thoughtful video responses that amplify and empower student voices. Flipgrid is a video discussion platform that helps educators see and hear from EVERY student. In this workshop you’ll learn how to create “topics” to facilitate video discussions, add topics to groups and then share with students. We’ll also review Flipgrid’s moderation features that can be turned on or off per topic, as well as the customizable security settings which help protect student privacy. Finally, we’ll take a look at the many resources Flipgrid provides for support and inspiration.

Screencastify with Pete Ritter

2/2 – 2/9
Screencastify makes screen recording easily accessible for teachers and kids alike. Whether using asynchronous lessons, giving students feedback, creating professional development, or giving students the ability to develop their screen recordings, video can be a powerful educational tool that brings content to life. Join us to learn more about the free version of Screencastify and how you and your students can use it!

Effective & Engaging Hybrid/Remote Learning Using Seesaw with Amy Jankins

2/4 & 2/25
Create differentiated, engaging, asynchronous activities for students in Seesaw using new features including: video, links, multi-page, and screen record. Learn tips and tricks about using Seesaw to its fullest capabilities. **Audience: Educators working with students in grades K, 1 and 2.

Getting Started with Nearpod with Brian Allieri & Ranjani Sriram

2/10 & 2/24, 3:00pm-4:00pm

Learn the basics of Nearpod and apply its interactive assessment tools to your teaching and learning practices. Through the use of these tools, you can effectively engage students during hybrid lessons and receive valuable data on student progress. Specifically, you will explore the following: (i) Creating lessons (in Nearpod and in Google Slides), (ii) The Activities features (not Content features), (iii) Student & teacher paced lessons, (iv) Integration with LMS (Seesaw, Google Classroom, Canvas)

YouTube Studio with Brian Allieri
3/2 – 3/9
Do you want to create your very own YouTube Channel? Do you have a YouTube Channel, but are not sure what to do with it? Come learn about YouTube Studio (the updated version of Creator Studio) and all that it has to offer you. Create aplaylist of your favorite videos, learn how to upload your own videos to your channel, explore how to add closed captioning, and more!

Organize Your Drive/Classroom with Emjois & Create a Bitmoji Classroom with Jackie Hoglund
3/3 & 3/10
Could you use help organizing your Google Drive ✅ ? Learn how emojis 🙂 can be a simple way to help call attention to and organize files & folders in Drive (and Google Classroom/Seesaw) 🙋🏻‍♀️. We’ll also explore creating a virtual Bitmoji classroom as a way to increase ↗️ student engagement!  

Digging Deep with Nearpod with Brian Allieri & Ranjani Sriram
3/17 & 3/24, 3:00pm-4:00pm
“Dig deep” into Nearpod as you look at additional features that the application has to offer as you continue to apply its interactive and assessment tools to your teaching and learning practices. Through the use of these tools, you can effectively engage students during hybrid lessons and receive valuable data on student progress. You will also explore the many standards-based lessons built into Nearpod’s library. Specifically, you will explore the following: (i) The Content features (not Activity features), (ii) Nearpod Settings (Enable Immersive Reader and Student Notes), (iii) Reports (Teacher/Student), (iv) Libraries (My Library, Nearpod Library)

EdPuzzle with Pete Ritter
3/30 – 4/6
Do school-age students like to watch YouTube Videos? Would you guess a large percent of them are visual learners? Yes and yes! Then how about using EdPuzzle, designed to engage and hold students accountable with video content. “Edpuzzle is an easy-to-use platform allowing you to engage every student, one video at a time.” Join in to take advantage of our Pro (Paid) version of EdPuzzle and gain EdPuzzle certifications as we go.

Writing for Struggling Students with Patti Weismer
4/7 – 4/14
There are many ways technology can help support students that struggle to express their ideas. Learn about accessibility features, apps, and extensions that are available on the iPad, Chromebook and laptops that can help support your students. We will explore ways to implement these tools and help students work toward independence expressing their ideas.
Tech á la Carte 2021
Secured By miniOrange