Dear Bates Families,
We have all thoroughly enjoyed the warm weather this week. The forecast for tomorrow, however, is snow! Tomorrow we will hold our monthly community meeting and enjoy the opportunity to come together again as a school to share student learning, meet some of our community members, sing and share a special read aloud. Tomorrow is also Bates Spirit Day. Please wear the color red or any Bates spirit wear to show your school spirit!
Next week we will begin a new procedure at Bates with car line dismissal. On Monday we will distribute name cards to all families. Please give a name card to every driver who might pick up your child in car line. Please display your child’s name on your dashboard as you pull into car line. A Bates staff member will take your name and call your child for dismissal. Thank you for your help with this new procedure.
In the coming weeks and months many exciting events are planned at Bates. Please mark your calendars for:
- The Bates Mini-Marathon on April 14. The mini-marathon is an annual tradition in which all students take part in running a mini-marathon around the Bates School. Runners can choose to raise money to support METCO as part of this event.
- Parent teacher conferences will be held in March and April. A sign up will be emailed to parents after February vacation.
- Bates in Bloom will be held on April 28 from 8:30-9:15 a.m. This is an exciting opportunity for families to visit classrooms and celebrate student learning.
Please note these upcoming events for parents of fifth graders:
- Fifth grade parent information night at the Wellesley Middle School will be held on Thursday, March 17 at 6:30 p.m. The evening will begin in the Middle School Auditorium.
- Hale Parent Information Night is April 28 at 7:00 p.m. in the Middle School Auditorium. Bates fifth graders will visit Hale Reservation May 25, 26 & 27.
- Fee payment for the Hale Reservation is due by Friday, April 29. Please use the online payment system on the Wellesley Public Schools website. Click “families” then “fee payments.” Financial assistance is offered for families in need. Please complete the online information or call Laura Ball at 781-446-6210.
- A tour of Hale Reservation is offered for parents on Saturday, April 30 from 9:30-11:00 a.m. at Hale Reservation. Please R.S.V.P. to Anne Allieri at email@example.com by April 22 if you plan to attend.
Finally, thanks to a WEF Grant, the technology department is planning a major update to the WPS website http://www.wellesley.k12.ma.us/ over the next few months with the primary goal to make it mobile responsive for viewing on smartphones and tablets. At the same time they would like to take the opportunity to improve it in other ways so that it is meeting the needs our staff, parents, students and community members. They ask parents to share their feedback by taking this brief survey. If you have any questions, please contact Amy Ritterbusch firstname.lastname@example.org.
Wednesday, February 10 100th Day of School
Kindergarten Roundup 3:00 – 6:00 p.m. at Sprague
Monday, February 15- Friday, February 19 Winter Break
Thursday, March 3 Principal Coffee – all welcome! 9:00 a.m. in the library
Friday, March 4 Walk to School Day
Bates Spirit Day