Dear P.A.W.S. Families,
We are enjoying happy days of learning and fun in each of the P.A.W.S. classrooms and outside on our beautiful playground! I can see the children starting to learn the routines and the rhythm of the school day already. It is the most wonderful thing to have the children back in the school building with their teachers and their friends!
Dressing For The Weather
The weather last week brought us some sunny days and some rainy days. Yesterday started with frost on the window and many children arrived at school wearing hats and mittens, but the day warmed up and by the afternoon recess the children were running around in short sleeve shirts! Please check the weather forecast each day and be sure that your child has the appropriate clothing needed to enjoy their play time outside. You may have heard the old saying that in New England , if you don’t like the weather, wait a minute and it will likely change. Dressing your child in layers might be helpful, and please be sure your child has the appropriate rainwear to be able to play outside on rainy days. Please contact the school Social Worker, Sara Berenson, at email@example.com if you need assistance with acquiring outdoor wear for your child.
The children are doing a great job wearing their masks throughout the school day! We do ask that you send in an extra mask or two to be sure we can swap out a wet or soiled mask for a clean, dry mask throughout the school day.
Please launder or wash your child’s mask each day with warm soapy water to have it clean and ready for the next day.
Back to School Night
Our teachers will be hosting back-to-school night on Thursday, October 22nd at 7:00 pm via a live Zoom presentation. Each Specialist on the classroom team will share a short message about their role as well. Please take the time to view the asynchronous videos to meet our amazing team of Specialists and Special Educators, and review the curriculum for the school year.
School Picture Day
Smile, it is picture day! Individual photos will be taken outdoors and will maintain social distance protocols throughout the photo sessions. See the School Picture Day Order Form HERE.
School Picture Day Schedule:
Tuesday, 10/20 :
PK10- Remote Learning School from 1:00-2:00
District COVID 19 Information
To get current COVID 19 information, please visit our Wellesley Public School Website
and click on Live WPS Reopening Dashboard (https://coronavirus-wellesleyma.hub.arcgis.com/#Schools). This will provide you with information regarding state and local COVID 19 metrics.
- Tuesday, October 27th- Early Release for all learners 11:45
- Wednesday, October 28th – 11:45 regular dismissal
- Tuesday, November 3rd- Early Release for all learners 11:45
This is an exciting time of year for many children. As a reminder, traditionally PAWS does not celebrate Halloween and the preschoolers do not wear costumes to school. Please be respectful of this and save costumes for other events and venues outside of the school. PAWS students at the Fiske School will not wear costumes to school on Halloween. Each student may look forward to Kindergarten and being invited to wear a costume at school when they are older. Thank you for keeping your PAWS preschooler’s costume at home on Halloween.
As always, reach out with any questions and thank you for your continued support!
- Tuesday, October 20th – School Picture Day for PK2, PK3, PK6, PK10- Remote Learning School from 1:00-2:00
- Thursday, October 22nd – School Picture Day for PK1.2, PK4, PK11
- Thursday, October 22nd -Back to School Night via Zoom – 7:00 PM
- Friday, October 23rd – School Picture Day for PK1.3, PK7, PK8
- Tuesday, October 27th- Early Release – parent/teacher conferences all classes dismiss at 11:45am
- Wednesday, October 28th-parent teacher conferences all classes dismiss at 11:45am
- Tuesday, November 3rd- Election day- Early Release – parent/teacher conferences all classes dismiss at 11:45am
- Wednesday, November 4th- regular Wednesday schedule – all classes dismiss at 11:45am
- Wednesday, November 11th – Veteran’s Day-No School
- Thursday, November 12th- Wellesley Education Foundation Annual Spelling Bee – 7:00 p.m.
- Thursday, November 26th-Friday, November 27th -No school in observance of Thanksgiving
- Monday, November 30th – No School-Professional Development Day