Dear Sprague Community,
It looks like it is going to be a hot week, but we are ready for your kids!
New families and kindergarten families are invited to see classrooms between 2:00-2:45 on Tuesday, August 28th, with popsicles served for the Popsicle Playdate at 2:45 out on the playground. Hope to see many new faces then!
I’d like to give a few reminders for Wednesday:
- Please try to park in a marked space on the first day of school. As they will fill quickly, parents are encouraged to walk to school with children if at all possible. There are spaces in the Italo Club lot. Please do not park on Oak Street at all. In a pinch, School St. is the best ‘last’ option.
- Please be sure your child’s teacher knows his/her dismissal plans as school starts.
- Students will line up outdoors each day unless the weather is bad. Your child’s teacher will have a sign and pick up the class at 8:25 for the first 3 days of school. After that, the teachers on duty will send each line inside at 8:25.
- Please say goodbye to your child outside when the teacher picks up the class.
- Send a snack and water with your child each day.
- Each student will receive a PIN number for lunch purchases. Your child’s number is the same as last year.
- All Wednesdays are half days with 12:00 dismissal time.
On behalf of the Sprague staff, we are so happy to be part of this wonderful school community and grateful that you put your trust in us to care for your children. At our first faculty meeting, we referenced Mr. Fred Rogers’ legacy (Mr. Roger’s Neighborhood) and were reminded of our shared commitment to be sure each child feels connected and welcome at school. His message is almost identical to ours…we are glad you are here, we like you just the way you are, you have much to offer our community, and we will learn and grow together. We ARE glad you are our ‘neighbor.’ See you on Wednesday!
Please see the dates below and mark your calendar!
Save the Dates:
August 28th – Popsicle Playdate for Kindergarteners and New Students 2:00 p.m.
August 29th – First Day of School
August 30th – New Families BYO Picnic Dinner 6:00-7:30 p.m.
September 3rd – No School/Labor Day
September 6th – Sprague Ice Cream Social 6:00-7:30 p.m.
September 10th – No School/Rosh Hashanah
September 12th – Back to School Night (parents only)
September 13th – Picture Day
September 19th – No School/Yom Kippur
Please see the message below from our Technology Dept.:
The PowerSchool Parent Portal will be closing on Friday, August 31.
Our records indicate that you have not yet updated/confirmed your emergency contact information and annual permissions for one or more of your students for the 2018-19 school year.
We ask that all of our parents/guardians login between August 6-31 to update/confirm emergency contact information and annual permissions for each student. WPS complies with the following security and privacy laws (see MGL 603 CMR 23.00 for more information).
If you need assistance, drop-in training sessions for parents will be held in the WMS Tech Center:
· Tuesday, August 28 at 3:30PM-4:30PM
Training will cover PowerSchool Parent Portal, Webtrac, WPS Calendars, and MySchoolBucks
First Time Users:
Go to the Portal at https://wellesley.powerschool.com
· Click on the Create Account Tab
· Fill in the requested information to create your Parent Portal Account
· Access ID’s and passwords were emailed on July 30, 2018
· Follow the returning users process below
Log into the Portal at https://wellesley.powerschool.com
· Click the “Annual Update” icon
· Make changes and click “Submit” at the bottom of each page (Even if changes are not necessary, please login and click ‘Submit’ in order to update your account for the upcoming school year.)
· Page four will include the homeroom information for your child
· Follow this procedure for each child
For more information on the Powerschool Parent Portal see our web page at: https://wellesleyps.org/students-families/parent-portal-info/
Back to School Packets and Handbooks with Annual Notices are available online in the Quick Links section of our website. If you need a printed copy please contact your school.
Thank you for your support and we are looking forward to a great school year!
Documents & Links for your Reference
· Medical Info Changes: If your student’s medical information has changed since last year, it is your responsibility to contact the school nurse with any new diagnoses or allergies. Click here for Nursing Department contact info.
· Educational Software: Click here to read more about how WPS students use Educational Software
· 1:1 Learning Initiative Parent & Student Handbook: Click here to view the 1:1 Handbook
· Student Handbooks: Click here view the 2018-19 Student Handbooks
Related Policies & Regulations
PowerSchool Parent Portal Info
Q. Can I use my Smartphone or the PowerSchool App to update my Annual Permissions?
A. The PowerSchool App does not support the Annual Update tab, however, you may access it using any web browser (Chrome, Safari, Firefox, Explorer or Edge). Although it is easier to fill out the forms on a computer, it also works in phone web browsers, such as the iPhone Safari browser or Android Chrome browser.
Q. I’ve never created a Parent Portal account. How do I get my child’s AccessIDs and Access passwords?
A. On July 30, 2018 a SchoolMessenger email was sent to parents of students who were not yet linked to a Parent Portal account. The email provided information about creating a parent portal account and linking your child to the account.
If you no longer have this information, please visit the main office at your child’s school to pick up your child’s AccessID and Access password. Click for a listof school addresses and phone numbers.
Q. Do I still need to use the AccessID and Access password after I create a Portal Account?
A. After you’ve linked a child to your Portal account, you will no longer need to use his AccessID and AccessPassword.
Q. I can’t remember my username?
A. Go to the WPS PowerSchool Parent Portal and click on the link labeled ‘Having trouble signing in?’ Then, click on the Forgot Username tab. Type in your email address and click Enter. Your username will be sent to you by email.
Q. I can’t remember my password?
A. Go to the WPS PowerSchool Parent Portal and click on the link labeled ‘Having trouble signing in?’ Then, click on the Forgot Password tab. Type in your username and email address and click Enter. You’ll be sent a link to reset your password. Please note, this link is valid for only 30 minutes.
Q. I have multiple children in the district. Can I have access to all their accounts under just one username and password?
A. Yes, PowerSchool’s Parent Portal Single Sign On allows parents to have access to all of their children’s accounts from just one username and password.
Q. I have set up a Parent Portal account. How do I add additional children to my account?
A. Log into your PowerSchool Parent Portal account. Click on the Account Preference icon. Click on the Students tab. Click on the Add button.
Q. If I still have questions about the portal, who do I contact?