PowerSchool is our student/family database. Parents can use this tool to view your student’s schedule, grades, emergency contacts and annual permissions for your student. The PowerSchool Parent Portal is open to parents to view and update their annual permissions in the early fall each year. After this time parents should contact their school secretary or WHS house secretary to make changes to their phone numbers or emails. The SchoolMessenger InfoCenter is available throughout the school year for updating your alert preferences for emails, text messages and phone calls. Below are links to the Parent Portal along with Frequently Asked Questions for PowerSchool troubleshooting tips. We request all parents update/confirm their student’s information each school year to be sure we have the latest information.
If you are new to the district or do not yet have a PowerSchool parent account, please contact your school secretary or WHS house secretary to get your username and you will be emailed a secure link to set your password. Click for a list of school office addresses and phone numbers. Usernames will also be sent out via email before the Parent Portal opens for annual updates.
The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) affords parents and students who are
18 years of age or older (“eligible students”) certain rights with respect to the student’s education
records. Click here to read the full legal notice…
Fine Tuning Your Communication Preferences with SchoolMessenger InfoCenter
- Go to https://go.schoolmessenger.com/ (or download the SchoolMessenger App). Click “Sign up” (or login if you already have an account). Sign up with the same email address that is on file with Wellesley Public Schools. However, this is a separate sign-on account from PowerSchool, you will need to create a different account and password for SchoolMessenger. (Each parent in your family will need to create their own login if they wish to adjust their preferences.)
- At the top left, select the Menu icon (three parallel horizontal lines ☰)
- From the open menu select “Preferences”
- Scroll down to “My Message Preferences” and select a message type, such as “WMS Daily Announcements Email.”
- Select your preferred email address(es) and/or phone(s) for each message type and click “Save.”
- Repeat: Each parent in your family will need to repeat this process to create their own SchoolMessenger login and adjust their own preferences, rather than one parent adjusting preferences for the whole family.
Text Messaging FAQs
What if I’m not receiving messages even though I opted in?
- Most Common Problem – Wrong Phone Number on File in PowerSchool: Check with your building secretary that we have your mobile phone number on file correctly in PowerSchool. For high school students, please contact your House secretary. Click for a list of school office addresses and phone numbers.
- Purchase Blocking Set-Up on your Phone: If you have purchase restrictions set-up on your phone, you may not be able to send or receive messages via a shortcode like 67587. If you wish to adjust your purchase blocking settings, please contact your phone carrier (Verizon, AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile, etc.).
Will I be charged for the text messages that I receive from SchoolMessenger?
SchoolMessenger does not charge recipients for the text messages that they receive or send to the short code; however, wireless providers may charge for individual text messages, depending on the plan associated with the wireless device. Please consult your carrier if you are uncertain.
What types of messages will I receive via Text Message if I Opt-In?
Text messages will be available for Emergencies and Urgent Alerts (such as severe weather closures). Text messages will also be available for High School Attendance alerts. Text messages will NOT be available for longer email communications, such as school newsletters.
If I change my mind, can I opt-in or opt-out of Text Messaging at a later date?
Yes, you can opt-in or opt-out at anytime.
- Opt-In by sending “Y” to 67587
- Opt-Out by sending “STOP” to 67587 or by visiting https://www.schoolmessenger.com/txt to fill out the 1-step unsubscribe form at the bottom of the page
If I don’t Opt-In will I miss out of important communications?
No, any district message sent by text message (such as a severe weather closure) will also be sent by an alternate method, such as phone call or email.
What if I get a new cell phone number at a later date?
You can update your cell phone number by contacting the main office at your child’s school. For high school students, please contact their House secretary to change phone numbers. After adding a new cell phone, you will get an Opt-In confirmation text to your new phone the following day between 10:00am-9:00pm.
- PAWS Office: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bates Office: email@example.com
- Fiske Office: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hardy Office: email@example.com
- Hunnewell Office: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Schofield Office: email@example.com
- Sprague Office: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Upham Office: email@example.com
- WMS Office: firstname.lastname@example.org
- WHS Bradford House: email@example.com
- WHS Perrin House: firstname.lastname@example.org
- WHS Phillips House: email@example.com
Who can I contact if I have additional questions?
- You can send an email to portal@wellesl