Monday, May 10th
Streaming General Information:
- Games can be found on our Wellesley Raiders Athletic Media YouTube Channel.
- Previously streamed home games may be available for replay at the above link.
- When we receive links from opposing schools we will add them above.
- Streams will be updated regularly as we approach game days.
- If we experience technical difficulties during a game, we may have to start a new live stream and will indicate that here on our site and post a new stream as soon as possible.
The following High School sports have been approved for the Spring season:
- Baseball – Coach Kane
- Dance – Coach Cavallo
- Girls Golf – Coach Bateman
- Boys Lacrosse – Coach Connolly
- Girls Lacrosse – Coach Balter
- Sailing – Coach Lovett
- Softball – Coach Hunt
- Boys Tennis – Coach Sabin
- Girls Tennis – Coach Miller
- Boys Track – Coach Corda
- Girls Track – Coach Griffith
- Boys Volleyball – Coach Ardila
- Unified Track – Coach Davis
Spring Sports Began: Monday, April 26
Registration is open. Please submit your updated physical exams by Thursday April 15th. You may submit a physical exam before you register.
- Please register prior to Friday, April 16th in order to ensure you are eligible for the first session.
- Information about registration can be found at this link on our website:
- Be sure to submit an updated physical (valid for 13 months from date of exam) by April 15th.
- Virtual/Telehealth physical exams will not be accepted.
Important Health and Safety Information:
- The athletic staff will work to ensure that all EEA, DESE, MIAA, BSC, and local modifications are followed on a daily basis; however, there is still risk involved.
- Participation in Spring sports requires students to test weekly, wear a mask, distance, and follow many other sport-specific modifications in order to create a safer environment for all our students and staff.
- If there is a positive Covid-19 case on one of our Wellesley teams, an opponent that we recently played, a game official, or another close contact that is part of one of our athletic events the Wellesley Department of Health and our school nursing staff will determine how we will proceed. By choosing to participate in athletics, your student may be required to quarantine. In some cases, this could mean that an entire team would be subject to quarantining.
- Participation in the Weekly Covid-19 Testing provided by the District is required of all student-athletes. Students who do not submit a weekly test will not be eligible for athletics until they submit a test the following week. All student-athletes, whether they are in remote or hybrid schooling must participate in testing.
- Students will complete a daily attestation of good health at each athletic session to help with attendance and contact tracing should it be needed.
- Schedules will be available online at https://wellesleyathletics.org/ and are updated regularly. This is the only place for our official schedules for all levels. All sport schedules are being finalized and will be posted as soon as they are complete. We anticipate many changes, so please check regularly or sign up for the automatic updates.
- In coordination with the Bay State Conference, our contest schedules are built intentionally to limit community spread and ease any potential need for contact tracing.
- There will be an MIAA Spring State Tournament which could extend into late June or the first week of July.
- Expect the schedules to look different at all levels. We are glad to be providing an opportunity for our student athletes to play and compete together.
- All sports will be modified for the safety of the participants per MIAA, DESE and EEA guidance.
- Students must bring their own water daily.
- Face masks, not gaiters, must be worn at all times.
- Physical distancing must be maintained by all participants whenever possible.
- Limited roster size depending on the sport.
- During remote schooling, students should report to workouts in proper gear and immediately return home to shower, clean clothes and equipment at the end of every workout.
- During hybrid or in person schooling, only students who are physically in school that day will have access to the locker rooms prior to practices or contests.
- There will be no use of lockers and the room will only be allowed for changing into athletic gear.
- Students must take all of their belongings with them after they change as there will be no access to the rooms during or after practices or contests.
- All social distancing and mask policies must be used while in the changing room area. There should be no congregating in that area. All student athletes must enter, change, and leave.
- The user fee for this season remains at $300. Please be aware that the season may be shorter with fewer contests due to the pandemic.
- If there is a financial hardship please see the following link: https://wellesleyps.org/students-families/financial-assistance-information/
- Rosters for away contests may be limited due to transportation safety modifications, COVID guidelines, or opposing facility restrictions. Most buses can accommodate 24 passengers.
Virtual Cohort Participation:
- All students whether they are remote, hybrid, or in person are eligible to participate in Wellesley High School athletics this season.
For the most up to date information follow @WellesleySports on Twitter
Parents, athletes and fans can create a fan account on BigTeams to follow their favorite Wellesley Raiders athletic teams. Alerts are available via email and/or text message. The BigTeams App is also available for free for Apple and Android devices.
To begin go to wellesleyathletics.org and click the Join button in the top right corner.Continue reading Team Schedules: How to Create a Fan Account on BigTeams