The following sports have been approved for the Fall II season:
- Boys Indoor Track (will be outside) – Coach Corda
- Girls Indoor Track (will be outside) – Coach Griffith
- Girls Volleyball – Coach Ardila
- Cheerleading (sideline only) – Coach Sanchez
- Football – Coach Davis
Fall II Sports Begin: Monday, February 22
Boys Indoor Track and Girls Indoor Track
Both Boys Indoor Track and Girls Indoor Track programs will start their practices in the WHS Cafeteria at 2:45pm on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. Practices will also be outdoors, please bring extra layers and dress accordingly.
Practice Group #1
Location: Sprague Turf Fields
Start Time: 3pm – End Time: 4pm
Drop off Location: WMS Upper Parking Lot – Pick Up Location: WMS Upper Parking Lot
Practice #2 PODS
Location: Sprague Turf Fields
Start Time: 4pm – End Time: 5pm
Drop off Location:WMS Upper Parking Lot – Pick Up Location: WMS Upper Parking Lot
Given the weather this time of year, all times and locations will be subject to change. Please be in touch with coaches (emails linked above) for sport-specific information. General questions may be sent to email@example.com.
Registration is open for Fall II Sports
- Please register prior to Friday, February 19th in order to ensure you are eligible for the first session.
- Information about registration can be found at this link on our website:
- Be sure to submit an updated physical (valid for 13 months from date of exam). Virtual/Telehealth physical exams will not be accepted.
Important Health and Safety Information:
- The athletic staff will work to ensure that all DESE, EEA, MIAA, BSC, and other state and local requirements are followed on a daily basis; however, because of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, there is still a risk of exposure to COVID-19 through student-participation in athletic activities.
- In order to participate in Fall II sports, student-athletes must engage in the weekly COVID-19 testing provided by the district. Student-athletes who miss a weekly test will be ineligible to participate in athletic practice or events until they participate in a weekly test. This requirement applies to all student-athletes wishing to participate in Fall II sports, even if they are enrolled in the district’s remote learning program.
- Student-athletes will be required to wear facial coverings during events and practice, follow all social distancing requirements, and abide by other sport-specific modifications set forth by state and local officials in order to create the safest possible environment for all of our student-athletes, opposing teams, and staff. Additionally, student-athletes will be asked questions about how they are feeling and complete a daily attendance log at each athletic practice or event to assist with contact tracing, if necessary. If a student-athlete indicates that they are feeling ill, they will be sent home from the practice or event.
- If the Athletics Department is made aware of a positive COVID-19 case on a Wellesley Public Schools athletic team, a recent opposing team, or any other close contact that participated in an athletic event (including game officials), the Wellesley Health Department and the Wellesley Public Schools nursing staff will determine the most appropriate course of action. Please be aware that this may require the altogether cancellation of team practice or events, additional testing for student-athletes and staff, or quarantine of student-athletes and staff.
Cold Weather Resources:
- Extreme caution should be exercised when making decisions to participate in athletics when temperatures may present challenges to athletes’ health and safety. The following links will help to offer information in planning for safe practice and play during extreme temperature conditions
- Schedules will be available online at https://wellesleyathletics.org/ and are updated regularly. This is the only place for our official schedules for all levels. All sport schedules are being finalized and will be posted as soon as they are complete. We anticipate many changes, so please check regularly or sign up for the automatic updates.
- In coordination with the Bay State Conference, our contest schedules are built intentionally to limit community spread and ease any potential need for contact tracing.
- There is no MIAA Fall II State Tournament
- Expect the schedules to look different at all levels. We are glad to be providing an opportunity for our student athletes to play and compete together.
- All sports will be modified for the safety of the participants per MIAA, DESE and EEA guidance.
- Students must bring their own water daily.
- Face masks, not gaiters, must be worn at all times.
- Physical distancing must be maintained by all participants whenever possible.
- Limited roster size depending on the sport.
- During remote schooling, students should report to workouts in proper gear and immediately return home to shower, clean clothes and equipment at the end of every workout.
- During the hybrid schooling, only students who are physically in school that day will have access to the locker rooms prior to practices or contests.
- There will be no use of lockers and the room will only be allowed for changing into athletic gear.
- Students must take all of their belongings with them after they change as there will be no access to the rooms during or after practices or contests.
- All social distancing and mask policies must be used while in the changing room area. There should be no congregating in that area. All student athletes must enter, change, and leave.
- The user fee for this season remains at $300. Please be aware that the season may be shorter with fewer contests due to the pandemic.
- If there is a financial hardship please see the following link: https://wellesleyps.org/students-families/financial-assistance-information/
- Rosters for away contests may be limited due to transportation safety modifications, COVID guidelines, or opposing facility restrictions. Most buses can accommodate 24 passengers.
Virtual Cohort Participation:
- All students whether they are remote or hybrid are eligible to participate in Wellesley High School athletics this season.
For the most up to date information follow @WellesleySports on Twitter
Parents, athletes and fans can create a fan account on BigTeams to follow their favorite Wellesley Raiders athletic teams. Alerts are available via email and/or text message. The BigTeams App is also available for free for Apple and Android devices.
To begin go to wellesleyathletics.org and click the Join button in the top right corner.Continue reading Team Schedules: How to Create a Fan Account on BigTeams