Registration for the fall season will open July 1st for high school and middle school sports.
Fall Sports Offered at the High School:
- Cheerleading: Coach Sanchez
- Boys Cross Country: Coach Davis
- Girls Cross Country: Coach Short
- Girls Field Hockey: Coach Stickle
- Football: Coach Davis
- Boys Golf: Coach Bateman
- Boys Soccer: Coach DiCecca
- Girls Soccer: Coach Bailen
- Girls Swimming and Diving: Coach Dutton
- Girls Volleyball: Coach Ardila
** Middle School sports information can be found at this link. **
First Day of High School Tryouts/Practice:
- August 19th – Football and Boys Golf
- August 22nd – All other WHS sports
- We will post a schedule here for the first week of tryouts/practice as we get closer to mid-August.
- Please contact coaches with sport-specific questions.
- Student athletes should plan to be available every weekday afternoon and potentially on weekends.
- Sign up on RecTrac starting July 1st
- Information about registration can be found at this link on our website:
- Be sure to submit an updated physical to the school nurse. Telehealth physical exams will not be accepted.
- Physicals may be submitted via email (email@example.com) or fax (781-237-6004).
- Please submit physical exam by August 15th.
- Schedules will be available online at https://wellesleyathletics.org/ and are updated regularly. This is the only place for our official schedules for all levels.
- All schedules are subject to change.
- The high school user fee for Fall 2022 remains at $300.
- If there is a financial hardship please see the following link: https://wellesleyps.org/students-families/financial-assistance-information/
For the most up to date information follow @WellesleySports on Twitter
FALL SPORTS 2022 physicals are due in the Nurse’s Office by Monday, August 15.
All students are required to have a current physical examination on file in the Nurse’s Office prior to participating in the athletic program. This means that before your child can tryout, practice or participate on a team they must have a copy of their physical examination on file as required by the MIAA guidelines.
PLEASE NOTE: Late submission of physicals may delay the student from athletic activity until all the registration requirements are completed.
High School Nurse’s Office
Middle School Nurse’s Office
Email: Kristina Gusmini (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Dear Class of 2026:
The Wellesley Athletic Department would like to invite all incoming freshmen (current 8th graders) interested in participating in a sport at Wellesley High School and their parents to Athletic Orientation Night.
EVENT: Athletic Orientation Night
DATE: Monday, June 13, 2022
TIME: 6:00 – 7:30 PM
LOCATION: Wellesley High School Auditorium
This annual event is intended to get student-athletes and their parents comfortable and excited about the transition from middle school to high school athletics. The event will include a general assembly followed by a sports fair.
- General Assembly: Athletic Director John Brown and one varsity level coach will review the athletics mission statement, registration requirements, eligibility, expectations and the student-athlete handbook.
- Sports Fair: Meet the coaches and student representatives for all Fall, Winter, and Spring sports.
We look forward to seeing you and your student-athlete on June 13th. Go Raiders!
If you have any questions about the event, please call the Athletic Department at 781-446-6290 extension 7 or email at email@example.com.
SPORTS OFFERED 2022-2023
Boys & Girls Cross Country
Boys & Girls Soccer
Girls Swim & Dive
Boys & Girls Basketball
Boys & Girls Ice Hockey
Boys & Girls Indoor Track
Boys & Girls Alpine Skiing
Boys & Girls Nordic Skiing
Boys Swim & Dive
Boys & Girls Lacrosse
Boys & Girls Outdoor Track
Boys & Girls Tennis
Parents, athletes and fans can create a fan account on BigTeams to follow their favorite Wellesley Raiders athletic teams. Alerts are available via email and/or text message. The BigTeams App is also available for free for Apple and Android devices.
To begin go to wellesleyathletics.org and click the Join button in the top right corner.Continue reading Team Schedules: How to Create a Fan Account on BigTeams