Morning Announcements for Monday, February 5, 2018
TODAY IS DAY 3
* 8th graders: You will do a lesson on Career Cruising during Math classes today. Please bring your iPads to class today.
* 8th graders: TEAM RAIDERS will be going to tour the Wellesley High School tomorrow and TEAM WMS will be going on Thursday.
* All 8th grade students going on the Philly to DC: Tour Through History trip in April–please note that there is a mandatory meeting at 2:45 on Wednesday afternoon
in Room 329.
Wednesday is an Early Release Day. Periods will run 1, 2, 3 & 4. Department meetings will begin at 12:30. There will be no after school activities and all students must leave school after the bell.
LOCKER CLEAN-OUTS: On Tuesday, Team WMS and all of Grade 6 will clean their lockers. On Thursday, Team Raiders and all of Grade 7 will clean their lockers. Homerooms will be extended by 10 minutes
for those classes doing their clean-outs. Trash cans will be in the hallways during those mornings.
Teachertines will be on sale at every lunch this week! You can buy a card for a teacher, secretary, nurse, assistant principal, custodian, tech deck manager or any other person in our school that deserves a huge
thank-you for all they do to help you and our school everyday. This card will then be delivered on the 14th or 15th with a serenade by members of the 7th grade chorus. All proceeds benefit the 7th grade chorus’s trip
to a singing competition in May.
Attention Artists: There will be two upcoming design contests. The first is to create a mini marathon T shirt graphic for the 6th & 7th grades. The second is to design the graphic for a tee shirt to be used for the 8th
grade year end activities and mini marathon tee shirt. Please submit your designs to any of the art teachers by March first. All designs will be considered. The winner will have their art printed on the mini marathon t shirts.
The Graphic Novel Book Club with librarians Emma and Annie Lee from the Wellesley Free Libraries is meeting tomorrow. We will bring the books to you! Please bring your book from last month to the meeting. 6th grade
meets from 11:52-12:17 in room 329. 7th grade meets from 11:23-11:48 in room 338.
* Community Service Club meeting is cancelled for today.
* Anyone interested in participating in the intramural beginner/advanced fencing program, please get the link from Mr. Johnson to fill out the form. Forms need to be returned by 2/8/18.
Any questions, please see Mr. Johnson.
* Video Game Club is cancelled tomorrow.
* Fusion Crew will meet in room 204
* Open Gym is in Gym B and the Fitness Center is open to all.