Morning Announcements for Friday, May 26
TODAY IS DAY 4
* Just a reminder, Monday is Memorial Day and WMS is closed on Monday.
* MEMORIAL DAY Assembly today. In honor and respect for the great men and women who have served for our country, WMS has a tradition of silence. We ask that
you please remain silent from the time Mr. Bogage calls you to the auditorium, throughout the hallways and throughout the assembly and after the assembly as
you return to your classroom. It has been a long-time tradition here at WMS and
we please ask that you continue this tradition today by remaining silent.
Teachers, please allow all participants in the assemblies to report to the auditorium right after they check into homeroom. These students include the Grade 8 Chorus, student speakers, TAPs players and drummers.
For Period 1 assembly: 8th graders and 6th grade Houses R, W & WMS students will report to Period 1 class and the Period 1 teachers should bring them to the auditorium, once they hear the announcement from Sandy. The announcement will be made after the late bell.
For Period 2 assembly: 7th graders and 6th grade Houses M & S students will report to Period 2 class and the Period 2 teachers should bring them to the auditorium, once they receive the announcement from Sandy. The announcement will be made after the late bell, and it may be a little later than that, depending upon when the first assembly ends.
* Rock Band Club – Today is the last session of the year! Come out for an epic jam!
* Are you curious about what some people in our WMS community will be celebrating today? Tonight begins the month-long Moslem holiday of Ramadan. It is one of the most important holidays of the Moslem calendar. During Ramadan, Muslims do not eat or drink from one hour before sunrise until one hour after sunset. Fasting is one of the 5 pillars of Islam. It is an important time to spend with family. We wish all the people at WMS observing this holiday, “Ramadan kareem.”
* Just one week left to get your drawings in for consideration for the 8th grade Banner. Please see the Main Office bulletin board for more details.