Morning Announcements for Monday, May 21, 2018
TODAY IS DAY 1
* Both today and tomorrow are Grade 6 Math MCAS during periods 1, 2 & 3.
* Miss Alter’s period 2 & 3 classes will be meeting today in room 308.
* Have you ever noticed the banners that are hanging in the auditorium around the stage? Each represents an 8th grade class and is designed by a current student.
This design also becomes the cover of the 8th grade assembly program. If you are interested in submitting a drawing to be considered, you will need to:
-Make an original, full color drawing by hand or digitally on an 8-1/2 x 11 sheet of paper.
-Please submit it to the Main Office and have your drawing in by Friday, June 1st.
* Community Service Club is cancelled for today.
* On Wednesday, May 30th, STARS is sponsoring a race and stereotypes lunch during all three lunches, for all students! Among other things, we’ll discuss implicit bias,
Starbuck’s recent training, and school culture. Sign up with your teacher, Guidance counselor or scan the QR code outside the office. See you on the 30th! Huzzah!
* LOST & FOUND tables will be set up in the caf beginning tomorrow. Please look through all of the items and take home what’s yours.
* DC trip participants – if you have not picked up your DC poster picture yet from the main office, please do so today.
Tomorrow is the Grade 7 all day field trip to JFK/EMK and Grade 8 Drama students will be going to WHS during period 5.
* Don’t forget to order your 2017-2018 WMS Yearbook! Cost is $37.00 if purchased by May 31st. Please go to www.coffeepond.com and use the password, “Raiders.”
Badminton is in Gym A, Open Gym is in Gym B and the Fitness Center is open to all.