Morning Announcements for Thursday, April 4, 2019
TODAY IS DAY 3
* This year’s Day of Silence has been scheduled for next Tuesday, April 9th. WMS’ Gay-Straight Alliance sponsors the Day of Silence, a day to recognize the silence that anyone who is lesbian, gay, bisexual
transgender, or questioning feels in our society. Students who participate, which is completely optional, remain silent all day to show their support. Beginning today, students can sign up either before school in
the cafeteria, during 7th grade lunch or sign up in the main office, through April 8th.
* Dungeons and Dragons session three is cancelled for today.
* The Friday Video Club is meeting today in room 300 at 2:30 pm.
*Chinese Culture Club will meet in room 249 today after school.
*Library will be closed after school today.
* Do you write, draw or design? Have you been working on something that you’d like to share with a larger audience? The WMS Literary Magazine is currently accepting submissions until April 30th.
The theme of the second issue will be “Past, Present Future.” Please submit your theme-related work to the Literary Magazine box outside of room 215 (Mr. Campbell’s room). Make sure you put your
name on your work.
* On Friday, April 5th, STARS (Students Talking About Race Skillfully), will be sponsoring a race and stereotypes lunch during all three lunches for all students! We’ll be discussing current topics
related to race and school culture. Sign up with Mr. Craft, Ms. Hannon or Mr. Chute, or scan the QR code on the flyer outside the main office. See you on the 5th in room 234!
* WELLESLEY Stem Expo will be held on Saturday, April 6th from 10:00 am – 3:00 pm at the Wellesley High School. This event is free and open to the public and features 100+ exhibits and workshops.
For more information, please visit wellesleyfoundation.org/stem-expo.
* Cradles to Crayons is an organization that collects children’s clothing and sends them all over to children in need. If you have a collection of gently used children’s clothing that you are able to donate,
your donation would be greatly appreciated. The box will be in the WMS lobby through April 5th
* BRCC tutoring program will run today from 4:00 – 6:00 pm. You are welcome to drop in to work on assignments, get organized, prepare for a test or quiz, or ask questions of current WMS teachers. We hope
to see you there. there!
Are you interested in sharing or hearing about the experiences of Asian students in our school? If yes, please join us for a lunch discussion group this today in room 249 during all three lunches.
Bring your lunch and bring a friend!! Everyone is welcome. See Ms. Hannon or Ms. Zhou if you have any questions.