Morning Announcements for Tuesday, April 9, 2019
TODAY IS DAY 6
* WMS will be closed for April break beginning on Monday, April 15 through Friday, April 19th. All student iPad loaners must be returned by this Friday, April 12th – before you leave for April break.
* Day of Silence is today! Students should have brought their signed GREEN permission sheet to the cafeteria before school today. If you are participating, you should have a pink participation card for the day.
For students who want to show support, but not take a vow of silence, you can still donate, (funds go to the Home for Little Wanderers, a home for LGBTQ teens, and the Trevor Project), and receive a pin or
sticker. The donation jar is in the main office.
A “Breaking the Silence” gathering will be held immediately after school today in the cafeteria. Come join and celebrate the end of the event in appreciation of your efforts!
* LOST & FOUND tables will be set up in the cafeteria today. Please spend some time during your lunches this week to look through the items to see what belongs to you. There are t-shirts, sweatshirts, sweaters,
lunch bags and water bottles. At some point, we will be donating the remaining items, so please check the tables to see what is yours.
* 7th Graders: Remember to hand in your signed course selection verification sheets to your homeroom teachers by this Wednesday.
* Attention Boston students: The Homework Tutoring Club will meet this afternoon. Please plan on joining us to complete homework and get academic assistance from WMS teachers. See you in the cafeteria
at 3:30 pm!
* Video Game & Card Club will meet today after school in room 241.
* Attention students attending the Washington DC/New York City trip next week: If you have not yet picked up your free backpack, see Mr. Bogage in room 308 during homeroom.
* Attention 6th graders: Reading Rally has collected a sizeable donation so far. If you have a donation to bring in, please bring it in by this Wednesday.