Morning Announcements for Thursday, April 11, 2019
TODAY IS DAY 2
* Attention 8th Graders: You will be taking the ELA MCAS Session 2 test today. The 8th grade schedule for today will run periods 7, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, and 1. All students, please be quiet while you are walking
through the 8th grade hallways.
* The Library will be closed today during periods 1 – 4 today due to the MCAS testing. All students who normally come to the library during that time because of injuries should report to the Nurse’s office.
* Attention 6th Graders: Congratulations on a very successful Reading Rally! The Reading Rally luncheon will take place during 6th grade lunch in the courtyard. If
you read for the Reading Rally, come directly to the courtyard at lunch, bring your jacket and blanket, if you have one. We look forward to celebrating with you.
* Session 3 of Dungeons & Dragons Club starts today after school in room 325.
* The WMS Gay-Straight Alliance wants to thank everyone who helped support and participate in the Day of Silence! Over 170 students participated and because of your generous contributions, we were
able to raise a substantial amount of money to help support local LGBTQ youth and spread awareness for inclusion and justice. We also want to acknowledge the daily winners of our trivia questions: Lincoln Loftus,
Isabelle DeFontaine, Karine Alves and AJ Vanderveen. Finally, consider joining GSA! We meet every Tuesday during all 3 lunches.
* WMS will be closed for April break beginning on Monday, April 15th through Friday, April 19th. Students, please bring in your loaner iPads as they must be returned by this Friday, April 12th – before you
leave for break.
* Just a reminder to students attending the Washington DC/New York City trip: Please be sure to pick up your free backpack from room 308, Mr. Bogage’s room, during your homeroom today.
* LOST & FOUND: The tables in the cafeteria are still FULL with many new and gently used pieces of clothing, water bottles, hats and gloves. Please take a few minutes today to look and see what belongs to you.
INTRAMURALS TODAY: Ping pong is in Gym A, Yoga will be held in room 204, Open Gym is in Gym B and the Fitness Center is open to all.