Hello Upham Community,
The PowerSchool Parent Portal will be open today at 3:00 PM for you to access the SBRC (Standards-Based Report Card). I have added the instructions for access below.
Standards-Based Report Cards (SBRC)
The K-5 Standards-Based Report Card (SBRC) will be available for viewing via the PowerSchool Parent Portal next Friday, January 29th after 3:00 p.m.
- On Friday, January 29 at 3:00 PM Grades K-5 Standards-Based Report Cards will be available in the PowerSchool Parent Portal under the “Student Reports” tab.
- Parents will log in to PowerSchool using the same Username and Password they used in September to fill out their annual permission forms and to find out their student’s homeroom teacher. Feel free to test your PowerSchool login this week, to make sure you remember it. If you do not remember your username and password, please follow the instructions below:
- Go to the Portal at wellesley.powerschool.com
- Click on Forgot Username or Password?
- Fill in your Parent Username and Parent Email Address and click Enter
- If you need further assistance, please contact email@example.com, the portal team is available Mon-Fri 8 am-4 pm.
Reporting on the progress students are making in the classroom is an ongoing practice. There are four formal reporting periods during the year; two parent-teacher conferences which take place in the fall and spring, and two written report cards issued in January and June.
Beginning in SY19-20, all elementary schools will implement a standards-based report card (SBRC). The purpose of the SBRC is to clearly communicate student progress and performance towards Massachusetts’ grade-level standards and expectations to students and families. The SBRC ensures that student learning is measured against a consistent set of academic criteria. Students are assessed using end-of-year grade-level expectations. They will receive an indication of their performance as outlined in the chart below.
Students are assessed using the end-of-year grade-level standards.
M Meeting the standard consistently and independently.
P Progressing towards meeting the standard.
B Beginning to progress towards meeting the standard.
N Not Yet demonstrating progress towards meeting the standard.
*Asterisk indicates that this standard has not been assessed during this particular term. Some units of study are taught at different times of the year.
All subject areas, including Social and Emotional Learning, will be assessed using these performance indicators.
Thank you so much for your support. Please be safe.
Dare to Dream,