Morning Announcements for Monday, May 22
TODAY IS DAY 6
* Please welcome the 5th grade students from Hunnewell & Upham Elementary Schools today as they tour WMS!
* 8TH GRADE TOUR GUIDES for Monday – please meet outside of the auditorium between 8:45 and 8:50 this morning. You will receive your name tags and your group at that time. Please be sure to be on time. Thanks for volunteering!
* Congratulations to the 8th grade chorus and the WMS Jazz Band for a great round of performances In Boston on Friday. You are wonderful musical ambassadors for the Wellesley Public Schools!
* Tomorrow is a Day of Silence at WMS. The Day of Silence is a student-led day of action where students take a day-long vow of silence. The purpose is to recognize and raise awareness about the bullying, name-calling, harassment and prejudice – in effect, the silencing experienced by LGBTQ students and their allies. Show respect for these students who have taken this one-day vow of silence. Forms needed to be signed by teachers and each student participating will be wearing a Participation Bracelet. A donation was also given to the Home for Little Wanderers.
* The WMS Spring Band Concert is tomorrow night at 7:00 p.m.
* Any photo student who needs extra help, please stay after school today.
* Have you ever noticed the banners that are hanging in the auditorium around the stage? Each represents the 8th grade class and is designed by a current student. This design also becomes the cover of the 8th grade graduation program. If you are interested in submitting a drawing to be considered, you will need to:
- Make an original, full color drawing by hand or digitally, on an 8-1/2 x 11 sheet of paper
- Submit it to the Main Office by Friday, June 2nd.
* Intramurals for today: Indoor Golf in Gym A, Open Gym in Gym B and the Fitness Center is open.