Morning Announcements for Tuesday, May 23, 2017
TODAY IS DAY 1
* Today is a Day of Silence at WMS. Students have taken a day-long vow of silence today to recognize and raise awareness about the bullying, name-calling, harassment and prejudice – in effect, the silencing experienced by LGBTQ students and their allies. These students will be wearing a Participant Bracelet today. Please show respect for these students who have taken this one-day vow of silence.
* Please welcome the 5th grade students from Sprague Elementary School today. Today will conclude our final day of 5th grade visits.
* 8TH GRADE TOUR GUIDES for Tuesday – please meet outside of the auditorium between 8:45 and 8:50 a.m. this morning. You will receive your name tags and your group at that time. Please be sure to be on time. Thanks for volunteering!
* Tomorrow is the Kwame Alexander assembly for grades 6 & 7. The assembly is 40 minutes long and will be held during Period 2. This assembly should not impact Period 3.
* Friday is our Memorial Day Assembly. It will be held during Periods 1 & 2. Period 1 will include students from Grade 8 and Houses R, S & WMS (approx. 8AM). Period 2 will include students from Grade 7 and Houses M & W (approx. 9 AM). More information to follow.
* Chinese Club will meet today after school in room 249.
* 8th grade Chinese classes will visit Boston Chinatown tomorrow. They will leave WMS at 8:30 a.m. and will be back before 2:30 p.m.
* Calling all artists…if you would like your artwork immortalized on the auditorium walls…submit a drawing for the 8th grade Banner by Friday, June 2nd. See the bulletin board in the Main Office for more information.
* There will be a change to student iPads starting on Thursday. Beginning on Thursday, student iPads will not be able to connect to the internet when they are outside the district. They will need to login to get access to the to login to get access to the internet for 8 hours, while outside our network (buildings).
* The WMS Spring Band Concert is tonight at 7:00 p.m.
* INTRAMURALS today: Fencing is cancelled, Open Gym in Gym B and the Fitness Center is open.