Morning Announcements for Thursday, May 24, 2018
TODAY IS DAY 4
* 8th grade Chinese classes will be visiting Boston Chinatown today. Students in 8th grade Chinese classes will be dismissed from their 1st period class at 8:15 am this morning and should report to the cafeteria.
These students will be on the field trip for the entire day. They have been noted in PowerSchool.
* MCAS test make-up is today during periods 1, 2 & 3. Your homeroom teacher will let you know where your make-up exam will be held.
* WMS Memorial Day Assembly will be held tomorrow during periods 1 & 2. Students, in the tradition of silence, we ask for you to remain silent from the time you are called to the assembly
tomorrow until you return to your classrooms.
* WMS will be closed on Monday in observance of Memorial Day.
* We need your banner designs! Make a design that would be considered to be used for the 8th grade banner this year and it will also be used for the graduation program cover! If you are interested in
submitting a drawing to be considered, please make an original full-color drawing by hand or digitally on an 8-1/2 x 11 sheet of paper and submit it to the main office by Friday, June 1st.
* LOST & FOUND: ALL of the items still remain on the tables. Please take some time today during your lunch time to look through the items to see what belongs to you!
* STARS is sponsoring a race and stereotypes meeting lunch during all three lunches on Wednesday, May 30th. Sign up with your teacher, guidance counselor or scan the QR code outside the office.
* Chinese Culture Club will meet today after school in room 249.
* IMPROV Club will be meeting after school today in room 325
* BRCC Barton Road Community Center WMS tutoring program runs today from 4:30 – 6:00 pm. Please come and work on your assignments with help from your teachers!
* 8th grade Baseball team vs. Newton Bigelow Middle School at Newton Center Playground.
Girl’s Softball team vs. Newton Brown’s Middle School at Hawthorne Field
Bus time for both: 2:45 pm Game time: 3:45
Whiffle ball in Gym A, Open Gym is in Gym B and the Fitness Center is open to all.