Morning Announcements for Tuesday, October 9, 2018
TODAY IS DAY 2
* The WMS Gay-Straight Alliance will have its first meeting today during all three lunches.
The GSA is a lunch club for students who identify as LGBTQ, has LGBTQ family members, or
for students who wish to be allies to their LGBT friends and peers.
6th Grade GSA will meet in room 225
7th Grade will meet in room 229
8th Grade will meet in room 351
If you have any questions, please see Ms. Hannon or Ms. Gabrielson. Bring a friend and hope to see you there!
* The Tenacity Challenge Club will meet today immediately after school in room 319, Ms.Marquedant’s room.
* Attention Grade 7 students: Counselors will be doing a lesson in Grade 7 Science classes tomorrow, (Wednesday, October 10th). Please check signs posted outside your Science classrooms which
indicate the classroom you should go to during science class that day.
* Attention all students who signed up for Dungeons and Dragons Club: Due to high-interest, Dungeons and Dragons will be breaking up into multiple sessions. All 7th & 8th graders who signed up at the
Club Fair should check their e-mail after school for more info. 6th graders will receive a message in homeroom tomorrow.
* The first meeting of STARS (Students Talking About Race Skillfully) will take place tomorrow, (Wednesday, October 10th), after school in Mr. Chute’s room 234. The club is open to 6th, 7th and 8th graders.
Come and share your ideas as well as listen to the opinions of others.
* Yoga intramurals will begin tomorrow after school in room 204.
*LOST & FOUND tables will be set up in the cafeteria today. Please check out the items
on the tables during your lunchtime and take what belongs to you. After Friday, these
items will be donated.
Fitness Center is open to 7th & 8th graders only. Open Gym is in Gym B and is open to all WMS students.