Morning Announcements for Thursday, December 6, 2018
TODAY IS DAY 3
* Attention 7th Graders: Today, during Periods 2 & 3, you will be participating in the SEED program. The theme for this session is identifying, managing and responding to stress.
The goal of this session is to help you understand stress and we will provide you with strategies to deal with any stress that you may feel.
* Attention Math Team Members: We have a meet today after school. Any student who has turned in their permission slip can come and participate as an alternate. Please come
to Mr. Bogage’s room after school and we will get on the bus.
* Grade 8 Bands & Orchestra will be performing at the State House tomorrow, Friday, December 7th. The bands will leave for the State House immediately following homeroom
and they will return at approximately 2:15pm in time for dismissal. All of the students attending will be checking in with you regarding make-up work. Attendance for these students
will be noted with an “F” for Field Trip in PowerSchool.
* Auditions for High School Musical, Jr. are next week! Any 6th or 8th grader is welcome to audition. At auditions, you will learn the song “Start of Something New.” If you want to
practice ahead of time, you can grab a copy of the music (along with your audition contract) found outside the drama room or the drama website. Don’t forget to sign up for an audition day,
either Wednesday, December 12th or Thursday, December 13th.
* The BRCC Barton Road Community Center tutoring program will run today from 4:00 – 6:00pm. You are welcome to drop in to work on assignments, get organized, prepare for a
test or quiz or ask questions of current WMS teachers. We hope to see you there!
*8th Grade Boys’ Basketball tryouts continue today at 3:30pm in Gym A. Just a reminder, if you are staying at school between 2:30 – 3:30pm, you must be either studying in the Library
or the cafeteria and not hanging out In the hallways.