Morning Announcements for Tuesday, February 5, 2019
TODAY IS DAY 2
* The 8th Grade students from Teams W & M will be walking to Wellesley High School today for their orientation. At the end of the cafeteria drill, all students from Team W and
M will be directed to the flagpole on Kingsbury Street. Homeroom teachers will walk with them over the bridge. High School guidance counselors and administrators will meet the students
on the other side of Kingsbury Street and walk them the rest of the way to the high school. Students in Team S and WMS will have their regular 3rd period classes. Counselors and
specialists will meet at the flagpole (at 11:15am) to walk over the bridge to receive the students. When students return they will report to their 5th period classes. A PA announcement
will be made to let everyone know that students have returned.
* Tomorrow (Wednesday) is an EARLY RELEASE DAY. Periods will run 1, 2, 3 & 4. ALL students, (with the exceptions of play rehearsal, which begins at 2:30pm) should leave the
building after the 11:19 am bell. The Library will also close at 11:19am. Please plan on taking the bus, walk home or get a ride home. Students: please leave your iPads home on
Wednesday, unless your teacher has asked you to bring it. The Spirit Wear store will be open from 11:20am until noon in the Donizetti lobby. Basketball players must also leave after
the bell and can come back to school in time for your game, under your coach’s supervision.
* Attention: Song Sisters: Your lunch rehearsal is today in room 400.
* It’s that time again! Teachertines will be on sale in all lunches this week. For $2.00 you can buy a card for a teacher, guidance counselor, nurse, custodian, secretary or administrator.
Your card will then be delivered by a troop of 7th grade chorus singers. The singers are modifying arrangements of Happier, 7 Rings, Better Now, I’ll be There for You and The Middle.
All sales will benefit the 7th grade chorus competition trip in May.
* The WMS Literary Magazine club will meet today (Tuesday) rather than Wednesday, due to the half day. The meeting will be held in room 215.
* The Graphic Novel Book club will be meeting tomorrow during all three lunch times: 7th grade will meet in room 338, 6th grade will meet in room 329 and 8th grade will
meet in room 224.
* The Video Game & Card club will meet today after school in room 241.
* The Tenacity Challenge will meet right after school in Ms. Marquedant’s room. We will be working on the Leadership project.
* Science Olympiad will meet right after school in room 101. Come quickly and bring your Science Olympiad binder.
Badminton is in Gym A, Open Gym is in Gym B and the Fitness Center is open to all.