Morning Announcements for Friday, March 8, 2019
TODAY IS DAY 2
Daylight Savings Time begins this weekend. Don’t forget to set your clocks ahead 1 hour.
* Attention Grades 6 & 8: Today your lunch times will be switched again. Grade 8 will have 2nd lunch from 11:52 am – 12:17pm and Grade 6 will have 3rd lunch from 12:21 – 12:46 pm.
*Grade 6 Religion field trips are starting next week. All consent forms need to be in by
Monday morning. If you need the forms, please stop by the Main Office.
* The WMS T-Shirt Design Contest is underway. Grade 6 & 7 student are welcome to submit entries for design of the Mini Marathon t-shirt. Grade 8 students can submit designs for the end of year shirt that
will be worn for Mini Marathon, 8th Grade Community Service Day, and the field trip to Boston. All entries should be turned into the Main Office by Friday, March 15th. Any questions, see your Art Teacher or the
* Video Game & Card Club will meet this Monday, March 11th after school in room 241.
* The 2nd annual STARS Film Festival will take place on Monday, March 11th in Mr. Chute’s room 234. The festival is open to all grades and faculty are welcome as well. Come and watch four short films on race,
share and listen to different opinions and enjoy some food as well. See you on Monday the 11th!
* Attention students going on the Civil Rights Trip! Our next after school meeting will be held on Monday, March 11, from 2:40 – 3:25 pm in Room 229. Please make sure your Google Classroom homework is
completed for the meeting. Please see Mrs. Magarie or Mrs. Gabrielson if you have any questions.
SPRING SPORTS NEWS:
* Any 7th or 8th Grade Girls interested in playing softball: There will be an informational meeting right after school this Monday, March 11th in Room 242. Please bring your iPad
and a pencil. If you have any questions, please see Coach Buckheit.
* Any 8th Grade Boys or Girls interested in playing on the WMS Tennis team this spring: Please come to an informational meeting Tuesday, March 12th after school in Mr. Crowe’s room 210. At this time,
this is only for 8th graders. If there is still room, there will be an announcement later for any 7th grader who is interested.