Morning Announcements for Thursday, March 7, 2019
TODAY IS DAY 1
* ALL French 7 students of Madame Blouwolff & Madame Ridker should meet in the student cafeteria with coats and lunches at 8:20 am today to depart for the MFA trip
to Boston. These students will miss all of Periods 2 – 6. We hope to be back in time for all of Period 7.
* Madame Ridker’s 3rd period Around the World students should report to Ms. Bennett in room 351 during their regular class time.
* Attention Grades 6 & 8: For both today and tomorrow (Friday), you will be switching lunch times. Grade 8 will have 2nd lunch from 11:52 am – 12:17 pm and Grade 6 will have 3rd lunch from 12:21 – 12:46 pm.
* Anyone interested in track and field, this afternoon there will be a brief informational meeting about Spring Track in Gym A after school.
* Attention students going on the Civil Rights Trip: Our next after school meeting will be held on Monday, March 11, from 2:40 – 3:25 pm in Room 229. We will be skyping with Dr. Sybil
Jordan Hampton, one of the first black students to attend Little Rock Central High School. Please make sure your Google Classroom homework is completed for the meeting. Please see
Mrs. Magarie or Mrs. Gabrielson if you have any questions.
* All 7th and 8th grade girls interested in playing softball: There will be an informational meeting right after school on Monday, March 11th in Room 242. Please bring your iPad and
a pencil. If you have any questions, please see Coach Buckheit.
* Attention any 8th Grade Boys or Girls interested in playing on the WMS tennis team this spring – please come to an informational meeting next Tuesday after school in Mr.
Crowe’s room 210. Again, this is only for 8th graders. If there is still room, there will be an announcement later for any 7th grader who is interested.
* Chinese Culture Club will meet after school today in room 249.
* The BRCC Barton Road Community Center tutoring program will run today from 4:00 – 6:00 pm. You are welcome to drop in to work on assignments, get organized, prepare for a
test or quiz, or ask questions to WMS teachers. We hope to see you there!