Morning Announcements for Monday, March 11, 2019
TODAY IS DAY 3
* The WMS T-Shirt Design Contest is underway. Grade 6 & 7 student are welcome to submit entries for design of the Mini Marathon t-shirt. Grade 8 students can submit designs for the end of year shirt that will be
worn for Mini Marathon, 8th Grade Community Service Day, and the field trip to Boston. All entries should be turned into the Main Office by this Friday, March 15th. Any questions, see your Art Teacher or the Main Office.
HAPPENING THIS WEEK:
*1/2 of the Grade 6 Social Studies classes will be going to Temple Beth Elohim today.
They will be leaving the building at the end of Period 2 and will be back around 11:30. Homerooms going today include: Greenawalt, Diomandes, Driver, Campbell, Kenerson,
Cohen, Levin, Powell, Rabinowitz and Gentes. The other half of Grade 6 will go on Wednesday. All signed consent forms need to be in by this morning.
* Video Game & Card Club will meet today after school in room 241.
* The 2nd annual STARS Film Festival will take place today after school in Mr. Chute’s room 234. The festival is open to all grades and faculty are welcome as well. Come and watch four short films on race, share
and listen to different opinions and enjoy some food as well. See you this afternoon!
* Attention students going on the Civil Rights Trip! Our next after school meeting will be held this afternoon, from 2:40 – 3:25 pm in Room 229. Please make sure your Google Classroom homework is completed
for the meeting. Please see Mrs. Magarie or Mrs. Gabrielson if you have any questions.
Attention all Participants in the National Latin Exam! The Exam will take place this Wednesday, March 13th during Period 1 in the cafeteria. Please come with #2 pencils straight from your homeroom to the cafeteria
as soon as attendance is taken. Your Period 1 Teachers already know that you are taking the exam.
Announcing auditions for the Spring play “I Love Broc’n Roll”. This is a play, not a musical and it is open to all grades. Auditions are either March 26 or 27. Students interested in auditioning should pick up a
contract at the Drama board.
SPRING SPORTS NEWS:
* Any 7th or 8th Grade Girls interested in playing softball: There will be an informational
meeting right after school today in Room 242. Please bring your iPad and a pencil. If you have any questions, please see Coach Buckheit.
* Any 8th Grade Boys or Girls interested in playing on the WMS Tennis team this spring: Please come to an informational meeting tomorrow, March 12th after school in Mr. Crowe’s room 210. At this time, this is only
for 8th graders.
INTRAMURALS: Girl’s Open Gym is in Gym A, Open Gym is in Gym B and the Fitness Cener is open to all