Morning Announcements for Tuesday, March 12, 2019
TODAY IS DAY 4
*Due to the 7th Grade Assembly today, 8th grade and 7th grade lunches are switched today.
* Ms. Speed’s 3rd & 4th period Drama classes will not meet in the auditorium today. Period 3 will meet in room 309 and Period 4 will meet in room 207.
* 8th Graders: Remember to turn in your signed course selection verification sheets to Room 312 by Friday, March 15th.
* Science Olympiad will meet for practice in room 103 this afternoon. ONLY TWO WEEKS LEFT UNTIL THE STATE COMPETITION!
* The Tenacity Challenge will meet immediately after school today in Ms. Marquedant’s room.
* Attention all Participants in the National Latin Exam! The Exam will take place tomorrow, March 13th during Period 1 in the cafeteria. Please come with #2 pencils and go
straight from your homeroom to the cafeteria as soon as attendance is taken. Your Period 1 teachers already know that you are taking the exam.
* Attention any 8th Grade Boys or Girls interested in playing on the WMS tennis team: There is a MANDATORY meeting today after school with Mr. Crowe and Ms. Smith!
All levels of abilities are welcome! Please go to room 210 – the meeting will only last 10 minutes.
* Belated congratulations to all the WMS musicians that performed in this past weekend’s Junior District Concert Band, Orchestra, Jazz Band, Mixed Chorus and
Treble Chorus! The rigorous work you did in those two days of rehearsal really paid off and your concerts were incredibly outstanding!
Do you write, draw or design? Have you been working on something that you’d like to share with a larger audience? The WMS Literary Magazine is currently accepting
submissions until April 30th. The theme of the second issue will be “Past, Present, Future.” Please submit your theme related work to the Literary Magazine box outside of
Room 215 (Mr. Campbell’s room). Make sure you put your name on your work and thanks in advance for your submissions.
* The WMS T-shirt Design Contest is underway. Grade 6 & 7 students are welcome to submit entries for design of the Mini Marathon t-shirt. Grade 8 students can submit
designs for the end-of-year shirt that will be worn for Mini Marathon, 8th Grade Community Service Day and the field trip to Boston. All entries should be turned into the Main
Office by THIS FRIDAY, March 15th. Any questions, see your Art Teacher or the Main Office.
The third annual Wellesley Creates, formerly known as the Wellesley CreateAthon, will take place on Saturday, March 16 from 10 am to 4 pm at Wellesley High School.
At this event, middle school and high school students who live or go to school in Wellesley will work in teams of 4 to create an app from scratch. Wellesley Creates is a FREE event
thanks to our generous sponsors, and no programming experience is required! Highlights of the day include hearing from the owner of Truly Yogurt in a video and exciting new prizes
for winning teams. If you are interested, please visit wellesleyeducationfoundation.org to sign up. You can also follow us on Instagram (@WellesleyCreates) or find us on Facebook.
We hope to see you there!
INTRAMURALS: Fencing will be held in Gym A, Open Gym is in Gym B and the Fitness Center is open to all.