Morning Announcements for Wednesday, March 13, 2019
TODAY IS DAY 5
* 8th Graders: Please remember to turn in your signed course selection verification sheets to Room 312 by this Friday, March 15th.
* This is a reminder that all Grade 7 Girls that have a lab and study hall during Period 7 today must report to the auditorium for an assembly during the period. Please check in at your lab or
study hall first, then report directly to the auditorium. Please sit in the lower middle section when you arrive. Ms. Rease will meet you in the auditorium to introduce the speaker for the assembly.
* Attention all Participants in the National Latin Exam! The exam takes place today during Period 1 in the cafeteria. Please come with #2 pencils straight from your homeroom to the cafeteria as soon
as attendance is taken. Your Period 1 teachers already know that you are taking the exam.
* The remainder of the 6th grade Houses will be going to Temple Beth Elohim today. They will be leaving the building at the end of Period 2 and will be back around 11:30 am. Homerooms going
today include: Marquedant, Martinez, Sharp, Barcelo, Connor, O’Connell, Diozzi and Santelli. All signed consent forms need to be in by this morning.
* The Ambassador Club will meet in Ms. Mahoney’s office, room 316, after school.
* The WMS T-Shirt Design Contest is underway. Grades 6 & 7, we’re looking for your designs for the Mini Marathon t-shirt. Grade 8 students: Your design will be used for
the Mini-Marathon, 8th grade Community Service Day and the field trip to Boston. All entries should be brought to the Main Office. We’re excited to see your designs!
* The 6th Grade Chorus will be performing with the Wellesley Symphony Orchestra at the Family Concert this Sunday, 3/17, St. Patrick’s Day! The performance is at the MassBay Community
College theater and tickets will be on sale at the door. If you come at 2:15 you can try a bunch of orchestra instruments at the instrument petting zoo. Otherwise, the concert starts at 3:00 pm and will last
about an hour. Bring your friends and neighbors!
* Come see the 6th and 8th Grade musical, High School Musical, Jr. Performances are Thursday, March 21st at 4:30 pm, Friday, March 22nd at 7:00 pm and Saturday, March 23rd at 2:00 and 7:00 pm.
There are 2 casts, so be sure to catch both shows! More to follow.
* Yoga will be held after school in room 204. This is the last week of Yoga on Wednesdays. Next week, Yoga will move to Thursdays after school.
INTRAMURALS: Open Gym is in Gym B and the Fitness Center is open to all.
*The third annual Wellesley Creates, formerly known as the Wellesley CreateAthon, will take Place on March 16th from 10 am – 4 pm at Wellesley High School. At this event, Middle School and High
School students who live or go to school in Wellesley will work in teams of 4 to create an app from scratch. Wellesley Creates is a FREE event thanks to our generous sponsors and no program experience
is required! Highlights of the day include hearing from the owner of Truly Yogurt in a video and exciting new prizes for winning teams. If you are interested, please visit wellesleyeducationfoundation.org to sign
up. You can also follow us on Instagram (@WellesleyCreates) or find us on Facebook. We hope to see you there! Students, you will also be receiving more information about this event on your iPad.