Morning Announcements for Monday, April 1, 2019
TODAY IS DAY 6
* 6th graders will be taking their ELA MCAS test both today and tomorrow. If you share a hallway with 6th graders, please keep your voices down, especially as you pass in
the halls. Elective teachers, please check your email for an important message about breaks for grade 6 teachers. Proctors, please check for an e-mail from Mr. Allieri regarding
log on and technical information for today’s test. Students, good luck and try your best! You are well prepared and YOU GOT THIS!
*Video Game & Card Club will be meeting today after school in Room 241.
* Kwame Alexander assembly will be held tomorrow for 6th & 7th graders during Periods 6 & 7.
* Wednesday is an EARLY RELEASE DAY. Periods will run 1, 2, 3 & 4. ALL students must leave school after the bell and there is no late bus. Your teachers will be in meetings
and will not be available for extra help. The Library will also close at 11:29 am. Please do not bring your iPads to school unless your teachers told you to. The Spirit Wear store will
be open from 11:20 until noon in the Donizetti lobby.
* Graphic Novel Book Club will be meeting tomorrow during all three lunchtimes. 6th grade will meet in room 329, 7th graders will meet in room 338 and 8th graders will meet in
* This year’s Day of Silence has been scheduled for Tuesday, April 9th. WMS’s Gay Straight Alliance sponsors the Day of Slence, a day to recognize the silence that anyone
who is lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender or questioning feels in our society. Students who choose to participate remain silent all day to show their support. Students, you will be
able to sign up in the cafeteria before school, during lunch, or in the Main Office from April 4th – April 8th. Students must sign up who choose to participate.
* Wellesley STEM Expo will be held on Saturday, April 6th from 10:00 am – 3:00 pm at the Wellesley High School. The event is free and open to the public and features 100+
exhibits. All are welcome!
*TRACK PRACTICE will start after school today at 3:00 pm at the High School Track.
*SongLab will meet this afternoon in room 300.