Morning Announcements for Tuesday, April 2, 2019
TODAY IS DAY 1
* 6th grade ELA MCAS test will be held today. if you share a hallway with 6th graders, please keep your voices down, especially as you pass in the halls. Students: Please make sure that your
phones are turned off in your lockers. 6th Graders: Good Luck on your test and try your best.
* KWAME ALEXANDER assembly will be held today for 6th and 7th graders during periods 6 & 7.
* 8th Graders: If you are enrolled in a SEED session tomorrow that involves reading, you must come to your session tomorrow with an ACTUAL BOOK. Please do not show up empty handed
or you will not be able to participate.
* Graphic Novel Book Club will meet today during all three lunchtimes:
7th grade, please go to Room 338. 6th grade, please go to Room 329. 8th grade, please go to Room 224.
* The final meeting of the Tenacity Challenge Club will be held immediately after school today in Ms. Marquedant’s room. We’ll reflect on the competition and celebrate our work.
* Science Olympiad will meet in room 103 today. Please bring your iPad.
* Tomorrow is an EARLY RELEASE DAY. Periods will run 1, 2, 3 & 4. ALL students must leave school after the bell and there is no late bus. Your teachers will be in meetings and will not be available for
extra help. Attention 6th graders: please bring your iPads to school tomorrow. 7th & 8th graders: only bring your iPad if your teacher asked you to. The Spirit Wear store will be open in the Donizetti Lobby
from 11:20 am until noon.
* Did you know that April 9th is the Day of Silence here at WMS? Participation in the Day of Silence is completely optional. Additionally, we will be counting down to the day with a daily trivia question for you.
If you think you know the answer, come on down to the main office to submit a trivia card and you could win a prize!
1. Approximately how many people in the US identify as LGBTQ?
A. 2 million B. 10 million C. 50 million
* Dungeons and Dragons session three starts this Thursday. 7th and 8th grade students signed up for the session should check their e-mails for details. If you are unable to play, please let Ms. Cohen
know as soon as possible. There are waitlisted students who would love to play.
* On Friday, April 5th STARS (Students Talking About Race Skillfully), will be sponsoring a race and stereotypes lunch during all three lunches for all students! We’ll be discussing current topics
related to race and school culture. Sign up with Mr. Craft, Ms. Hannon or Mr. Chute, or scan the QR code on the flyer outside the main office. See you on the 5th in room 234!
* TRACK practice will be held at Sprague field this afternoon.