Morning Announcements for Wednesday, October 2, 2019
TODAY IS DAY 6
* The WMS Literary Magazine will hold its first meeting today in Room 215.
* The first meeting of Best Buddies will be held from 2:30 – 3:25 pm today
in the Faculty Dining room, (FDR). Be there for the kick-off meeting!
* Robotics Club will hold its first meeting today right after school in room 244.
* Film Club will meet after school today in Room 213.
Please feel free to attend any of the Club meetings this week, even if you
haven’t signed up for the Club yet. You do not need an Activity Card to attend a Club this week.
Thursday, October 3rd:
There will be a Faculty meeting this Thursday. October 3th right after school.
All students must leave after the 2:29 pm bell and there are no after-school activities.
The Library will also close at 2:29 pm. Coaches, you must stay with your team member and no one is allowed to be
walking around the school. Please plan on taking the bus, walking home or getting a ride home.
Grade 6 Houses W, R & WMS will be on a Field Trip tomorrow (Thursday) to the Community Rowing site in Brighton.
Students, please remember the following:
- Dress for comfort, jacket for rain
- No flip flops/sandals should be worn
- Cell phones are allowed, but will be taken away if misused
- Please be sure to bring your lunch
INTRAMURALS TODAY: Fitness Center is open to 7th and 8th graders only.
Open Gym is in Gym B and is open to all WMS students.
Community Service Club will have their first meeting on Thursday, October 10th in room 217.
Attention 6th, 7th & 8th graders who signed up for Dungeons & Dragons: A fourth Dungeon Master has been found and there is space
in the club for all students who signed up at the Activities Fair! The first general meeting for all students will be held on Thursday, October 17th.
More info will be coming in the next two weeks.
FENCING ANYONE? Anyone interested in signing up for the Fencing
Program, forms are due by Monday, October 7th. The program will take place from 2:45 – 3:30 in Gym A and will run for 6 sessions
beginning on 10/15. Students can pick up a sign-up form on the Intramural Board, in the Main Office or on the PTO Blast.