Parents may now subscribe to the WMS Daily Announcements by email. Because not everyone will want to receive a daily email, everyone is opted-out by default. You must follow the instructions below to manually opt-in if you are interested in the daily email. You may opt-out again later if you change your mind.
- Go to https://go.schoolmessenger.com/ (or download the SchoolMessenger App). Click “Sign up” (or login if you already have an account). Sign up with the same email address that is on file with Wellesley Public Schools. However, this is a separate sign-on account from PowerSchool, you will need to create a different account and password for SchoolMessenger. (Each parent in your family will need to create their own login if they wish to adjust their preferences.)
- At the top left, select the Menu icon (three parallel horizontal lines ☰)
- From the open menu select “Preferences”
- Scroll down to “My Message Preferences” and select a message type, such as “WMS Daily Announcements Email.”
- Select which email address(es) you want to receive the Daily Announcements on and click “Save.”Then every school morning, you should receive the announcements in an email. The exact time may vary depending on how busy the office is on a given day.
- Repeat: Each parent in your family will need to repeat this process to create their own SchoolMessenger login and subscribe to WMS Daily Announcements themselves.
Please note that the daily announcements are sometimes subject to change during the school day. When this happens the announcements will be updated over the intercom, on the website and on the video screen in the WMS lobby, but a new email will not be sent.
For more information:
For technical support in subscribing to the daily announcements please contact the webmaster.
Due to recent changes with SchoolMessenger and PowerSchool, this page was updated 9/4/19.