Who are the School Psychologists?

Where are they located in WHS?

Contact Information:

Melissa Gray

Student Services
Location Bradford House Phone: 781-446-6290 ;4622

Custom Metadata Fields

Categories: Bradford House, Guidance, School Psychologists, Special Education

Jordana Matz

Student Services
Location Perrin House Suite Phone: 781-446-6290 ;4538

Custom Metadata Fields

Categories: Guidance, Perrin House, School Psychologists, Special Education

Sam Ringel

Student Services
Phone: 781-446-6290 ; 4513

Custom Metadata Fields

Categories: Guidance, School Psychologists, Special Education
Location Room 138 Phone: 781-446-6290 ;4615 Canvas Syllabus 1: Gateways Program Website

Custom Metadata Fields

Categories: Gateways Program, School Psychologists, Special Education

What services do we provide?

As school psychologists at WHS, we wear a lot of different hats. Our main responsibilities consist of counseling, testing, and consultation. We each have a caseload of students who we see regularly based on counseling services that are listed on students’ Individual Education Programs (IEPs). We may also counsel students in a group setting or on a consultation basis. In terms of testing, we conduct initial and reevaluations to help determine eligibility for special education and, if necessary, recommend the appropriate services for supporting students in school. Regarding consultation, Peter Szuch and Melissa Gray are members of the Student Support Team (SST) and Jordana Matz sits on the Case Review Team. In addition to SST and Case Review, the school psychologists are available for teachers to consult with about any concerns or other topics.

Who do we service?

As noted above, we service a caseload of students who have counseling services as part of their IEPs. Students in the general education population can also check in and/or meet with us on a short-term basis (typically 3 times). The goal of these meetings is to connect the students with outside therapy and determine whether ongoing in-school counseling should take place with an HRS Outreach Worker.

How can we be accessed?

Students are most often referred through the IEP process or through the students’ guidance counselor. Additionally, teachers can stop by our offices to make appointments to meet with us.

Secured By miniOrange