As a culmination of the elementary experience and as a transition to middle school our fifth grade students will participate in a three-day environmental education and team building program this spring at Hale Reservation in Westwood, MA. Below are important details about this exciting program.
Dates & Times of the Hale Trip 2023
- May 24,25,26 – Bates, Hunnewell, Hardy, and Fiske
- May 31, June 1, 2- Sprague, Schofield, and Upham
MORE INFORMATION IN THE COMING MONTHS
A Wellesley Public Schools nurse will be on-site at all times.
Students will need to bring the following items each day:
- Snack for the day
- Bag lunch (the first 2 days only – Hale provides a BBQ on the 3rd day)
- Insect repellent
- Refillable water bottle
- Rain poncho/raincoat
Hale BBQ Menu (for lunch on day 3)
- Hamburgers, hot dogs or veggie burgers
- Pasta salad and potato salad
Students who would like a burger without a bun, or any similar request, may have that made at the grill. Students are welcome to bring their own food on the last day if alternate food is preferred.
If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out to your child’s school.
- BBQ Ingredients Grade 5 Hale Reservation Program
- Cat Rock Parking Lot — Pass the Main Office on the left and continue to the first paved parking area on the left. PDF Map with Directions to Cat Rock Parking at Hale Reservation