As we approach this Veterans’ Day, I ask each of us to pause and reflect on the brave men and women who fight for our freedom every day and to those who have given their lives in service of our country.
Have a great long weekend and stay warm!
11/10/17 – Veterans’ Day – No School
11/15/17 – SC Meeting – 4 pm – Town Hall
11/22/17 – Thanksgiving Break Begins – Early Release
11/27/17 – Prof. Development Day – No School for Students
11/28/17 – SC Meeting – 6:30 pm – Town Hall
Congratulations to Katie Catalano, Bates Kindergarten teacher, on the birth of her son, Sonny Thomas, on November 1, 2017.
Condolences toCorrine Trani (Secretary to the Technology Director) on the loss of her father, Dan Wooster, on November 4, 2017.
WEF is now Accepting Grant Applications online at www.wellesleyeducationfoundation.org
Deadline for Applications is Friday, January 5, 2018
- See info on our website – Grants and Grants History menu tabs
- Apply: GRANTS and LOGIN TO GRANT APPLICATIONS menu tabs
- Complete ALL required ﬁelds on your application
- Upload any additional info relevant to your grant request
- Provide the name and email of administrators required to sign oﬀ on your application – please check for correct emails
- REMEMBER TO CLICK SUBMIT to complete your application
Email questions to: grants
Note: Notifications of decisions will be sent in early April and All applicants awarded funding are to complete a WEF Grant Evaluation form.
MTRS Ready For Retirement Seminars
For Members Retiring in 2018
The MTRS staff will be presenting its popular seminar, “Ready for Retirement,” across the Commonwealth this fall. “Ready for Retirement” is a free, optional, two-hour program (4-6 p.m.) designed for members retiring in 2018.
- the retirement application process and the benefit calculation formula,
- timelines and service expectations,
- first payment information,
- health insurance, tax and working after retirement issues, and
- cost-of-living adjustments after you retire.
Please note: Personalized account information and pension estimates are not offered during these sessions.
To attend, simply choose the date and location that is best for you, and then register online. We hope to see you soon!
AUBURN, Tuesday, November 14; Auburn High School auditorium
NORTON, Tuesday, November 14; Norton Middle School auditorium
CHARLESTOWN, Thursday, November 16; MTRS Main Office, Presentation Room, 2nd Floor
SOUTH YARMOUTH, Tuesday, November 28; Dennis Yarmouth High School auditorium
WOBURN, Thursday, November 30; Woburn High School auditorium
Insurance Benefits Information
Health and Dental Insurance Benefits information is handled by the Town Hall Benefits Office. Inquiries should be directed to Joanne Liburd at JLiburd or by calling 781-431-1019 extension 2244.
WPS Internal Job Postings on District Website
Please be aware that we added a new feature called “Internal Job Postings” under the Faculty tab of the District’s website. We will post all of our internal jobs under this website tab. Therefore, you will no longer see internal job postings in the bulletin. This new way of posting will allow us to post internal positions any day of the week.