Each year it is essential for the Wellesley Public Schools to confirm the emergency contact information, directory information, and other important permissions for each of our students. The Wellesley Public Schools uses PowerSchool, an online platform, to maintain these data. The PowerSchool Parent Portal will be open from August 18th at 12:00 noon through September 3rd, 2021. All parents/guardians must log in during this time to confirm this important information for each of their children. Home Room information for Grades K-8 will be available. Grade 9-12 Schedules will be available on August 25, 2021. As in prior years, you will not be receiving a class list due to security and privacy laws (see MGL 603 CMR 23.00 for more information). Please note that you may see TBD for teacher’s name because we are finalizing teacher placement.
District-approved parent and community partners such as our PTOs, Wellesley Education Foundation, etc., request contact information for our families to produce school directories, which we recognize is a valued resource for our families. In accordance with our Student Records Policy (JRA, JRA-R) and the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), parents may opt out/customize the information released through the Powerschool Parent Portal. Please note that directory information shared with parent organizations is done so with the understanding that this information will not be used for commercial, political, or other third party uses.
PowerSchool Parent Portal Instructions: August 18, 2021 at 12:00 noon – September 3, 2021 at midnight
New Users/Forgotten Password: (Anytime after August 11, 2021, If you do not know your password)
If you have never logged in to the parent portal, you will need to set your password. You may have received your portal account login information over the summer and we also emailed on August 11, 2021. If you do not know your password, please go to the parent portal log in screen https://wellesley.powerschool.com:
- Click on Forgot Username or Password?
- Fill in your Parent Username and Parent Email Address and click Enter
- Check email for password reset instructions and set your new password.
- Please follow the Returning Users instructions below.
Returning Users: (This can be completed after portal opens on August 18, 2021 at 12:00 noon)
Log into the Portal at https://wellesley.powerschool.com
- Click the “Forms” icon
- Complete all four “WPS – Annual Update” forms and click “Submit” at the bottom of each form. (Even if changes are not necessary, please login and click ‘Submit’ each form in order to update your account for the upcoming school year.)
- The Confirmation page will include the homeroom information for your child (Grades K-8 only)
- Follow this procedure for each child
Drop-In Parent Portal Training for Parents (optional):
- Thursday, September 9, 2021 • 1:00 PM – 3:00 PM
Meeting ID: 842 5765 2415
- Friday, September 10, 2021 • 9:00 AM – 11:00 AM
Meeting ID: 827 8146 0734
- Or email email@example.com for help or for an appointment at another time
Back to School Packets, Handbooks with Annual Notices are available in the Quick Links section of the school’s website. Thank you for your support and we are looking forward to a great school year!
Documents & Links for your Reference
- Medical Info Changes: If your student’s medical information has changed since last year, it is your responsibility to contact the school nurse with any new diagnoses or allergies. Click here for Nursing Department contact info.
- Educational Software: Click here to read more about how WPS students use Educational Software
- 1:1 Learning Initiative Parent & Student Handbook: Click here to view the 1:1 Handbook
- Student Handbooks: Click here to view the Student Handbooks
Related Policies & Regulations
- School Committee Policies
- Student Records (SC Policy JRA)
- Student Records & Regulations (SC Policy JRA-R)
- Student Photographs (SC Policy JRD)
- Student Records MGL 603 CMR 23.00
- WPS Notification of Rights under FERPA for Elementary and Secondary Schools
For more information on the PowerSchool Parent Portal see our web page at: wellesleyps.org/students-families/parent-portal-info/.