Each year it is essential for the Wellesley Public Schools to confirm the emergency contact information, directory information, and other important permissions for each of our students. The Wellesley Public Schools uses PowerSchool, an online platform, to maintain these data. The PowerSchool Parent Portal will be open from September 8th at 12:00 noon through September 18th, 2020. All parents/guardians must log in during this time to confirm this important information for each of their children. The Home Room and Cohort information for Grades K-8 will be available. Grade 9-12 Schedules will be available approximately one week before school begins. As in prior years, you will not be receiving a class/cohort list due to security and privacy laws (see MGL 603 CMR 23.00 for more information). Please note that you may see TBD for teacher’s name because we are finalizing teacher placement.
District-approved parent and community partners such as our PTOs, Wellesley Education Foundation, etc., request contact information for our families to produce school directories, which we recognize are a valued resource for our families. In accordance with our Student Records Policy (JRA, JRA-R) and the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), parents may opt out/customize the information released through the Powerschool Parent Portal. Please note that directory information shared with parent organizations is done so with the understanding that this information will not be used for commercial, political, or other third party uses.
PowerSchool Parent Portal Instructions: September 8, 2020 at 12:00 noon – September 18, 2020 at midnight
First Time Users Need to Set their Initial Password: (This can be completed anytime after receiving your username emailed the morning of September 8, 2020)
Go to the Portal at https://wellesley.powerschool.com
- Click on Forgot Username or Password?
- Fill in your Parent Username and Parent Email Address and click Enter
- Parent Usernames emailed on September 8, 2020.
- Complete steps below for returning users after 12:00 noon on September 8, 2020 when the portal opens.
Returning Users: (This can be completed after portal opens on September 8, 2020 at 12:00 noon)
Log into the Portal at https://wellesley.powerschool.com
- Click the “Annual Update” icon
- Make changes and click “Submit” at the bottom of each page (Even if changes are not necessary, please login and click ‘Submit’ in order to update your account for the upcoming school year.)
- Page five will include the homeroom information for your child
- Follow this procedure for each child
Drop-In Parent Portal Training for Parents (optional):
- Wednesday, September 9, 2020 at 1:00 PM – 3:00 PM via Zoom (email firstname.lastname@example.org for the zoom link)
- Thursday, September 10, 2020 at 9:00 AM – 11:00 AM via Zoom (email email@example.com for the zoom link)
- Or email firstname.lastname@example.org for help or for an appointment at another time
Back to School Packets, Handbooks with Annual Notices are available in the Quick Links section of the school’s website. Thank you for your support and we are looking forward to a great school year!
Documents & Links for your Reference
- Medical Info Changes: If your student’s medical information has changed since last year, it is your responsibility to contact the school nurse with any new diagnoses or allergies. Click here for Nursing Department contact info.
- Educational Software: Click here to read more about how WPS students use Educational Software
- 1:1 Learning Initiative Parent & Student Handbook: Click here to view the 1:1 Handbook
- Student Handbooks: Click here to view the Student Handbooks
Related Policies & Regulations
- School Committee Policies
- Student Records (SC Policy JRA)
- Student Records & Regulations (SC Policy JRA-R)
- Student Photographs (SC Policy JRD)
- Student Records MGL 603 CMR 23.00
- WPS Notification of Rights under FERPA for Elementary and Secondary Schools
Printable Back to School Letter (PDF)
- WPS Back To School Letter (English)
- WPS Back To School Letter (Spanish) Español
- WPS Back To School Letter (Simplified Chinese) 中文
- WPS Back To School Letter (Korean) 한국어
- WPS Back To School Letter (Vietnamese) Tiếng Việt
For more information on the PowerSchool Parent Portal see our web page at: wellesleyps.org/students-families/parent-portal-info/.